Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run a full shop dehumidifier?

My shop is 2400sf inside and we are cursed with terribly high humidity all year down here, during the spring you could squeegee my shop floor some days, never mind what it does to the cars and all the tools inside the shop.

I have a spot to set it and running an outside drain is not an issue, the problem is they range anywhere from a few hundred dollars up to several thousand. I am not opposed to buying the more expensive one if that is what is needed, cheaper than rust and moldy film that gets all over everything.

Thanks.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
bought one off Ebay for $1 plus shipping. They said it didn't work, if thet would have pushed the tray all the way in it would have helped. Works get in a 1000sf house, only imagine it would do the same in a shop.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm looking into an air exchanger for my garage for in the winter. We park two vehicles in there and its heated so the ice and snow melts and then evaporates. The windows are coated in water most of the winter, it helps to go and open the doors for 5 minutes but I think an air exchanger would be the ticket, for us at least. I ran a regular dehumidifier fo a few winters and it didn't really seem to do anything noticable.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
run one in my shop the tank has a drain into the troft drain it makes a differrence
What size do you use? And about how big is the shop?

Mine is not so bad in the winter, but is terrible in the spring. Like was said above for health reasons, it is very musty smelling and everything in there that is metal get a nice coat of condensation on it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Active desiccant units that use heat rejected from the refrigerant cooling cycle as a reactivation source which greatly reduces the energy cost to operate over electric or gas/propane regeneration is the only way to go.

Depends on how serious you are about resolving the problem and how much $$$ your willing to spend.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the one your referring to actually put out heat?
It is nice and cold here now, but that is not the norm for us.

Our summers are 90's with just as much humidity.

I see ones for $2-300 and then up to 1500-2k.

If those would work, I'd spend the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts