Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a long range shoot a couple of weeks ago up in Flagstaff AZ. The wind was 20 mph and gusting to 40 mph. Holy crap, what a crummy day for shooting. I was bound and determined to shoot anyway.

The 6” gong at 580yds was bad enough, but that 12” plate at 1,000 yds was really tough to hit!

I use StrelokPro to help me get on target because I have no dope for this rifle/scope/round. I thought a couple of guys might appreciate the screenshot.

·
Registered
33,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,834 Posts
Wish I coukd do all that like 2nd nature

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,947 Posts
23.8 inches of Hg, really? What is the elevation there? I am so used to being in NJ and most of the state is around sea level, 29.x inches most of the year, 30+ on awesome fall days!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
23.8 inches of Hg, really? What is the elevation there? I am so used to being in NJ and most of the state is around sea level, 29.x inches most of the year, 30+ on awesome fall days!
Flagstaff is really high desert....7000 feet.

·
Registered
33,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, we don’t ever get to play with any of our toys in mineshaft air! Our time slips usually reflect that pretty well also. 🤬

·
Registered
33,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: gsmopar

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,947 Posts
Yeah, we don’t ever get to play with any of our toys in mineshaft air! Our time slips usually reflect that pretty well also. 🤬
Once in awhile we get mineshaft air, -1500 ft! Typically we race at 1500 to 2500 ft (corrected altitude).
Years ago we raced on a Friday night at Englishtown, came back Sunday, and we were over .15 quicker. Many of my friends were getting called to the tower because they were all 10.00 cars that weren't legal for 9's, which they were all running that day! They left me alone since I had a license and the car was legit.

·
Registered
33,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once in awhile we get mineshaft air, -1500 ft! Typically we race at 1500 to 2500 ft (corrected altitude).
Years ago we raced on a Friday night at Englishtown, came back Sunday, and we were over .15 quicker. Many of my friends were getting called to the tower because they were all 10.00 cars that weren't legal for 9's, which they were all running that day! They left me alone since I had a license and the car was legit.
We end up with 8,000’ DA late in the summers - especially in Tucson.
My ride is miles away from a 9-second ride as it sits.
Too freakin’ heavy at 4200#.
I could probably fix that, but it’s just a street truck anyway.
I need my AC!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts