Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going over the car during off season, found my 15 year old QA1 Double Adjustable are leaking. QA1 told me years ago don't do anything to them until they start leaking so here we are. Should i just have them rebuilt? Buy new ones? Buy new different brand ones? I know there are better shocks out there but do i really need them for my setup. 4 link, 2450 lb door car, 750 hp NA with new motor. Bracket car. Looking at Penske, Viking, Strange (reg and Ultras).

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Ohlins

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
A million dollar bracket race winner has to be the happiest drag racer on the planet if you consider basic buisness fundamentals. Investment vs returns. Five of the last eight winners had Ohlins TTX's or LMP's on their cars. Both models are maintenance free gas emulsion designs. Since we're talking happy I figured I'd mention it. I'd be happy to give the OP a quote along with a few references from 'happy' customers on this board.

·
Registered
828 Posts
+1 on Viking.

All last summer I ran with Viking Crusaders DAs on my 70 Mustang front and back, and they were great. Very well made and easy to adjust, and definitive clicks for the settings. Very happy with the shocks and support from them.

Just this past month I installed Viking Coil overs in the front of the stang, and the install was perfect. Will find out at the track this Spring how they do.

here is my build thread showing the coil overs: http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1921626&page=3

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
IMO with todays custom valved shock options I would NOT buy an OTS (off the shelf) shock or strut. It doesn't cost any more to have a set of either built for YOUR car & application. Shocks & struts are two of the most critical pieces of making a car work, so why not get something optimized for your particular program?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts