Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best bang for the buck on rear shocks to control massive body separation hooks real good so thats not an issue ive read on the rancho seems good any other shock thats good or better that will not break the bank this damn economy sucks all replies appreciated

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
strange, double adjustables.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
got to get a double adj shock and maybe even a sway bar/anti-roll bar for the rear. that will take car of the problem.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where is the best place to purchase them with the best price and how do you adjust them have never messed with an adjustable shock the shocks i have are stock and wore out compress very fast but has some pressure on decompressing any suggestions on settings to get started it rises very rapidly hooks like a bitch but i think its seperating to much how will arb affect this sorry so many questions

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Everett check this site for an anti roll. www.d-mproducts.com

Tell them John Sears sent you.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not wanting the truck to squat to much i just dont want it seperating as much as it is i guess thats where double adjustable comes in where is the best place to purchase them at a reasonable price and any info on how they work and how to adjust is appreciated thanks in advance

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
It's fine if it separates, you just want it slow and controlled so it doesn't jerk the tires off the track when the shock goes to full extension.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
so if its just seperating then maybe i can get away with rancho from calvert it supposed to be for body seperation according to their website

If you are ever plannng on steeping it up anymore it would be money better spent to get the good stuff the first time than just getting by.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Strange goodies.

im not wanting the truck to squat to much i just dont want it seperating as much as it is i guess thats where double adjustable comes in where is the best place to purchase them at a reasonable price and any info on how they work and how to adjust is appreciated thanks in advance

PM Sent

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
Well wouldnt the seperation actually plant the tire and use the compression to keep it there.. Funny I have always thought you need to control it, but I have been told recently to set the as loose as possible on extension and let the seperation come in and keep it on the tire with the compression... This is a good topic, just not sure if everyone has the same oppinon.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have completely stock shocks i know has been on there for 12 years they collapse fast and still have a little bit of resistance going out i tried shooting the 2nd at 330ft and it went nuts on a good track i can grab the big one from home and it will go 1.30 60ft on back tires was running 10.5 race sunday and it wouldnt leave on the big one but could leave on plate 73-73 squared had a 1.35 on the back tires but if i try to shoot the big 1 down track its killing the tires the big 1 is my fogger and makes a hell of alot of power it will pick upthe front end and blow the tires on a shitty track but will fly on a good track

·
Registered
119 Posts
what kind of suspension??
i was trying to avoid this topic but i cant.... not a big fan of the "seperation" theory!!
forget about the whole rearend wrap/seperation theory... is the bumper getting closer to the ground?? as long as the bumper gets closer to the ground the shock is compressing and seperation isnt occuring...its more of a control issue!! (dampening)
the reason it hooks when you hit it hard from the start is because your keeping load on your rear tires... when you start small then by the time you hit the big the car has settled back down and taken load off of you rear tires...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
S10 truck leafspring with a bar designed by diabolical motorsports plenty of hook if it gets loose on the bigend the shocks cant control it if its out of shape i can leave on the big one and grab the smallone quick it stays on the back tires 300 to 400 ft maybe i will reverse grab the small and immediatly go to the big one

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.