Yellow Bullet Forums banner

421 - 438 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
congrats!
you can start tightening extension on the rear too. Might drop 60' as well.
Thanks john, That's what I did actually, those changes were all in the back, I still have my calvert 90/10 up front. This was with my phoenix slicks too not the drag radials from that video i posted last week.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Thanks john, That's what I did actually, those changes were all in the back, I still have my calvert 90/10 up front. This was with my phoenix slicks too not the drag radials from that video i posted last week.
Good deal. Those Phoenix slicks work pretty good.
When you want to go double adjustable up front PM me. I am a Viking dealer :cool:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Officially in the 9 sec club!! 4 Run's all in the 9's best being [email protected], 1.39 60 ft, best 60 ft 1.370
Afco DA shocks in back, calverts up front, rear settings 10 OFF FULL TIGHT ON ext and FULL TIGHT ON COMP, 18 psi in 275/60 ET SS Tires

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Three Time trial Runs Yesterday about a Hour apart on my 275/60 ET SS Drag Radials....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Congrats Grandville455. Glad to see you in the 9s !!! Very nice results. Car sounds awesome in video !!!
Thanks!! Its been fun working with the radials! Went testing yesterday, trying for my last 2 passes for my license, just couldn't get it! Weather wasn't quite there. another new best 60 ft!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Sorry about that Pic!! Was trying to edit and stupid thing timed out, sorry guys!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Good job Granville for sure, watched how you worked hard at tuning your suspension, good job and progress, great times, and in the 9s....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Good job Granville for sure, watched how you worked hard at tuning your suspension, good job and progress, great times, and in the 9s....
Thanks very much!! I never give up on things, I just keep trying til i find what works, and I know there was more left in it yet, But onto bigger and hopefully better things, building a Pontiac IA2 505 this year with same heads, pump gas still also, hope to have it out in april?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I like to update this thread with my current setup, switching to a bigger motor with 100 more hp etc has been a little bit of a challenge, had to switch from my 4.10's to the 3.73 gears
i had in the car, and its been a learning curve again to get it to hook etc, but i think i got it figured out, after being at the track 2 weeks ago and not hooking i went back sat to the same track and it was 45
degrees and this time i put the gopro back under the car after the changes i made, first pass it spun, watched the video and seen it was hitting the tire too hard yet even after tightening the rears up to 14 off full tight
went to 10 and it hooked. I think i ended up at 7-8 off full tight, and i'm sure there was more left in it, but with cold temps and it spun 4-11 passes i called it a day! New personal best too 9.61!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like to update this thread with my current setup, switching to a bigger motor with 100 more hp etc has been a little bit of a challenge, had to switch from my 4.10's to the 3.73 gears
i had in the car, and its been a learning curve again to get it to hook etc, but i think i got it figured out, after being at the track 2 weeks ago and not hooking i went back sat to the same track and it was 45
degrees and this time i put the gopro back under the car after the changes i made, first pass it spun, watched the video and seen it was hitting the tire too hard yet even after tightening the rears up to 14 off full tight
went to 10 and it hooked. I think i ended up at 7-8 off full tight, and i'm sure there was more left in it, but with cold temps and it spun 4-11 passes i called it a day! New personal best too 9.61!

https://youtu.be/Sai-fLHlSbI

https://youtu.be/5GduUYne1Dc
What shocks are you using?? Single adjustable?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Update , been working on getting new power to hook consistently, had the rear Afco’s revalved and picked up a set up Menscer’s for the front that were off a 2200 hp car, price was right! So with the backs right now their almost full loose on rebound but that’s 2 clicks then full tight on the stock Afcos’s, and like 7 off full tight on Comp n the fronts are 15 off full tight on rebound n 6 on Comp , hooked 9-10 times yesterday, all 60’s 1.36-1.37
https://youtu.be/nvFVf4OKg00

421 - 438 of 438 Posts