Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone work or know of a trust worthy carrier that can transport a small block engine on a pallet? From KY to southwestern FL? Any info would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just shipped a motor using UPS freight.....make sure you insure the motor for what you have in it. UPS lost my motor and their customer service sucked, i ended up calling the Phoenix dock and finding a guy who found it for me. The motor was fully insured so i wasnt too worried, but that would have been a big mess getting my money back.

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
i just shipped using engineshipping.com and shipped a short block on a pallet from Indy to Philly for $199 and it was here in 2 days and tracking information was provided so I knew where it was at all times. I was actually going to ship two blocks on the same pallet and the price would have been the same. great transaction there.

·
TEAM CARB
45,229 Posts
if you were creative send it with someone to georgia...then gets to its destination from there

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
This might help you out on truck freight shipping.Here is what I found out.First thing is to use an online broker(unless you have an account with a trucking company).Here is where you can save big.They will ask you if it is residential pick up and/or delivered residential.The trucking companies charge about 100 to 150 for each residential pick up or delivery.So if they pick up at youre house and deliver to a house,thats another 200 to 300 added.Let them find a trucking company that has a terminal at or near your city and at or near destination.Thats what they do.Work it out with the receiver to pick up at terminal.Crate it yourself and take to terminal.They will load and unload free.Thats the main reason you get truck freights from 200 to 500 dollars for the same shipping.Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
x2 on R&L. i sent a sbc short block from fl to ky and it was around $225, i think it averages out to about $1 a pound. make sure you send it to a business and not a residental address.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Tell them it is 100 lbs and they will ship for 100.00. Even though its 180 lbs. RL carriers is the ticket. The driver just loves to pick up from the small time guys so he can talk racing.. LOL Thats what he told me to do when shipping a engine. Shipped a complete 6.0 ls motor to Indiana from Alabama for 100.00.. Put it on a regular pallet 3 ft by 3 ft. Took a block of wood and shimmed up level. Took the tie strapping with all the holes and took and bolted it to block and pulled tight with a wood screw into the pallet. Wrapped with cling wrap plastic . two rolls for 1.89 from DG. When it arrived the buyer said it was in perfect shape. Not beat to hell and back either. Fast shipping also. 2 days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts