Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok trying to ship a complete engine across the county. got it all crated and boxed up, whos the best place to call and get it there? built the crate so a hi lo can get under it to make it easier. who have u guys used?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
My engine was air shipped to me from CA years ago. I think it may have been RL carriers or something, anyway had to pick it up from airport depot. Had a fork hole in the side of the crate, guys are like" is that bad" . We opened it there, no damage. Point being insure it no matter what. If by truck, you could probably google LTL (less than load) carriers and call for best insured rate. Yellow offered 1/2 price for first time customers but I think they just doubled their rate to give half off. Aside from Yellow, Schnieder, ups and fedex freight, and several others. Where is it going? I have heard it was expensive to ship to FL, reason being they ship alot in but little out and since it is a peninsula plenty of 1/2 loaded trucks leaving which makes it chaep to ship out of FL.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Freightquote.com 800-323-5441 ext. 1493 Linda French. Tell her Don at Factory Engine Exchange sent you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its going mi to texas. i have a regular fed ex account, ill have to check with them. didnt know they did stuff that heavy

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I ship ALL my engines with these guys.. I have shipped many engines with them, and they have always been a great shipping agent! :smt023

http://www.engineshipping.com/

·
Registered
988 Posts
Joey I always use fed ex freight they r good

·
Registered
410 Posts
Id say Old Dominion and try to get a "one time" discount. If you dont have an account with people, or use them fairly often, you'll be shocked at costs! I work for an LTL carrier, but we don't run that part of the country, so that's why im telling you Old Dominion. Good luck on whatever you choose, and take pictures!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts