Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of bowtie heads with jesel rockers.. there are thin washers and head washers and some stands with no washers under them... im getting ready to install them on the engine but am wondering if there is a better way of shimming up the stands for the proper rocker travel? also, why is it that the intake has roughly .300"(using my eye) of washer spacer under them and the exhaust has roughly .030" under them? is it for the valve length being longer? thx

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i have a set of bowtie heads with jesel rockers.. there are thin washers and head washers and some stands with no washers under them... im getting ready to install them on the engine but am wondering if there is a better way of shimming up the stands for the proper rocker travel? also, why is it that the intake has roughly .300"(using my eye) of washer spacer under them and the exhaust has roughly .030" under them? is it for the valve length being longer? thx
not uncommon to have diff shim thickness compared one to the other.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jesel has a video to show you how to shim stands on there web site need the tool which can be purchased at summit or jegs

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Make sure you have enough thread engagement on the stand bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts