Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350TH with a Shiftnoid solenoid on it. The problem I'm having is from what I can figure it is shifting late. I'm using a digital shift RPM switch, I have it set to shift at 7000. Now this is whats its doing.... I do my burnout, I roll to the line, I clear the carb a few times, then I erase the RPM memory on my tach. The last time out I was at an 1/8 mile track. When I got back to the pits, my recall on the tach said 7800rpm. I attribute the late shifting to I tried it at 7500, and it banged the limiter which is set at 8000. Has anyone had a problem similar to this? I'm going out this weekend, and I plan on shifting the car without the solenoid to prove or disprove my thoughts. I just got the car done, and have only had it out once a few weeks ago. It's a 4.30 gear, 29" slick car. Even on a 1/4 mile track, I should only be going through the traps about 7300 if I'm hitting around 127-8mph. This is why I'm boggled to my 7800rpm in the 1/8 mile. Any comments or experiences would be welcomed, thanks guys....

·
Super Moderator
19,627 Posts
Without a replay tach it will be tough to diagnose . Have you tried dropping the shift points to see what happens? If you just make a 1-2 shift then lift and hit the replay ,then do a 1-2-3 then lift and do the same until you find the affected shift ranges. The other option is a go pro on the tach.

Hutch

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can try that this weekend. I'm going to a 1/4 mile track this time, so I'm sure it'll be different. I don't know anyone that has, nor do I have a go pro, would be nice though. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a 10ga. wire running to a ground post. I always try to make a habit of using 1ga. heavier ground than hot when I wire things.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Had one do that in a customers car. Reset air gap, made a larger ground strap, problem went away.
The air gap is important on a Pro Stick or similar.
Can you make the Shifnoid work by manually triggering the relay which triggers the solenoid? I've put a very low chip in and with the wheels off the ground had it go thru the gears to ck shifter function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts