Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drag truck has a Hurst Quarter Stick in it. It's run a 727 3-speed trans. Problem my partner and I are having is the very often you will shift from first and go straight into third gear. Now I've seen online that they sell one for a forward pattern and one for a reverse pattern.

On the one I have, you have to grasp the lever to pull down from first to second, then second to third no lever. What happens is, if you don't grasp it very hard, it will go straight into third.

I think it should be the other way around. Could it be that we have the forward pattern instead?

I bought the truck with the shifter in it already.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,851 Posts
Shift away from neutral

That is what is referred to as reverse pattern. You should pull the handle for 1-2 and the lever/handle for 2-3.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been trying to find a place where I can at least find a part number for the correct detent but can't find it!

It is a big deal when you lose a $2000.00 race because you lost a tenth caused by shifting from first to third :(

·
Eddie Haskell
7,851 Posts
It is a big deal when you lose a $2000.00 race because you lost a tenth caused by shifting from first to third :(

Easy there Sampson. I'm not the one that didn't read the instructions and installed the shifter incorrectly. I'm just trying to help............

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Easy there Sampson. I'm not the one that didn't read the instructions and installed the shifter incorrectly. I'm just trying to help............
Not giving crap or anything like that bud :) just not fun losing with something that can be fixed with the correct part... btw, I bought the truck with that setup... you'd think he would have ordered the right shifter huh? Oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.