Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I use a Hurst Quarter Stick in my 23T. Mounts on the trans tunnel right between my legs.

I shift off a shift lamp.....no gas bottles, no shiftnoids.

I would like to run a shiftnoid, but I don't run a box that can trigger it, and don't have anywhere to mount the 'noid. I wouldn't swap the Hurst Shifter for anything.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Quarter Pro.

They offer both air and elect.

Biondo sells them under their own brand. Ricky Jones Quarter-Max race cars also sells them.

http://www.biondoracing.com/product/CSA-P.html

http://quartermax.com/quarter-pro-electric-shifter/

Will
Nice looking shifter. I don't see one in a front exit cable. Am I missing something? There is no way I could use a rear exit cable unit in my altered.

I see them recommended for roadsters, rails and door cars, but not altereds. Does your cable go under your seat? How did you mount this in your altered? Pictures please.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Nice looking shifter. I don't see one in a front exit cable. Am I missing something? There is no way I could use a rear exit cable unit in my altered.

I see them recommended for roadsters, rails and door cars, but not altereds. Does your cable go under your seat? How did you mount this in your altered? Pictures please.
The first one I ever saw or used was in a customer's Altered we built the engine for about 15yrs ago. I don't have any pics. His was just mounted backwards on the side bars so that the cable exited forward. I asked him about it and he just shrugged and said that was how the car was when he bought it and he got accustomed to it in no time.

I drove the car a few times and liked it so much I bought one for the small tire S10 I was racing at the time... we were converting it from 3spd to 2spd and I needed a shifter..... Front exit worked best in it so like him I just mounted it backwards..... I had plenty of room for any shifter but liked the Quarter Pro that much. Everyone that ever drove my truck just raved about how great the shifter was and thought me having it mounted backwards was something trick.....

They are very small shifters and take up no room, literally 1/4 of the width of a Hurst quarter stick..... very light and yes well made - all billet. If you can make one work it's hard to find a simpler and better built shifter for a Glide.

Will

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I understand now that you say backwards mount and on the side rail. I think I would find that awkward as well, but that's just me. I've seen guys make all sorts of odd setups work for them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I tried a couple of shifters in front like the others but because of my laid-back cage, I couldn't see them and also didn't like the way they worked, so I ended up making my own shifter and mounting it on my left side and use an ACD CO2 shifter with shift button mounted on the butterfly steering wheel:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.