Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are running a power glide transmission that has en electric shifter. it takes power to hold the solenoid back. however this weekend while racing first pass out i went to go stage and noticed the solenoid did not want to cock back and hold. it acts as it is not getting power to it, however when we get back to the trailer and shut the car off the solenoid cocks. it is running power from the delay box so there is a constant power going to it. also sometimes when i let go of the transbreak button it shifts into second right away. the batteries are charges so i know it is not a low volt problem. does anyone have the same problem or ran across this? we are also not running a alternator on the engine.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,891 Posts
I had a similar issue using an air shifter powered through a power grid, turned out I had the "RPM on" and "RPM off" backwards. Sounds like you have the same issue only opposite. Flip both numbers and give it a try

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good chance it is a low voltage issue. Check voltage at the solenoid while engaged. Also power it through a continuous duty solenoid. Heat from constant power can cause a voltage drop and definitely shortens solenoid life.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is there a chance that the converter is flashing beyond the shift point and triggering the shift?

Had the same problem on a new car and the converter was too loose. At the hit of the tree, the car would shift to second. Playback tach showed it clear as could be. Just something to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts