Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Dodge dart that is 25.5 chassis and would like to finish fabbing the sheetmetal wing and mount some wheelie bars before everything goes to powder coat. My question to the gods of YB is..
1.) is there a formula or general rule of thumb for creating the correct length of the wing and spill plates

2.) what about the wheelie bars? material and length? width? is there some kind of website that has general guidlines on this stuff?

1969 Dodge Dart Gt
25.5 chassis
9" backbraced
ladder bars
coil overs on all 4 corners
29.5" x 10.5" tire

the car will make a conservative 1000 hp and just want to have all my apples in line before the car and everything else goes off to paint

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Alot of times there will be wing rules for the class you are wanting run, so check there first, Other wise on true ten five type stuff I make the wings about 14 inches long and the spill plates whatever looks good for the car.

For wheelie bars I dont like really long bars, 65-75 would be real long IMO for your car, I build them out of 1-1/4" .065 and .058.. I use .065 for the uppers.

Diagonal would be 3/4" .058 and the cross bars would be 1".058 for a car like yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts