Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down at Norwalk's Halloween Classic!

At Least seven people said the Shark was going down in 2006 All Motor Class.

Sharktrainer switching to Plan B.

Let it Snow :p

Lots of Snow :p

Training starts when Rules for 2006 are set.

·
Registered
993 Posts
On Saturday Chris B told me in the next few days on the rules. Also saw 2 mustangs a black and a silver one, both testing for all motor. Both cars ran good, not good enough but good.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Milan needs to buy a pump and just go pounds per inch. In the current format of rules, the BBF is going to be TOUGH (REAL TOUGH) to beat.

I'm a small block, small cube, high RPM kinda guy, "But a man's got to know his limitations"!

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Well the only thing a small block has over the big block is breathing power.....

Trying to make a 650+ inch engine breath wtih a cast manifold single carb is a challenge...

I still like the idea of a Chrysler V10, some welded up W9 heads, big stroke and bore and ROCK ON! Untouchable.

I just need a viper donated to me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Jay Allen said:
Milan needs to buy a pump and just go pounds per inch. In the current format of rules, the BBF is going to be TOUGH (REAL TOUGH) to beat.

I'm a small block, small cube, high RPM kinda guy, "But a man's got to know his limitations"!

Thats what I keep saying, pounds per ci its not that difficult.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
A class I used to race in used to play CID to weight.. Worked out really goood.. So good they deleted the class... :-D

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jay Allen said:
What would a combination like Matt Jones (from FFW) have to weigh? At 3200 lbs he's been 8.50 at 162.

454cid small block Ford.
Same as a 470 Small block 3000lbs

Hope this helps

Let it Snow

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Well they don't allow Clutchless 5 speed.... and no wheelie bars....I'd probably estimate Matt Jones would be good for 8.70's in the heat.... at 3000 with an auto...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
Well they don't allow Clutchless 5 speed.... and no wheelie bars....I'd probably estimate Matt Jones would be good for 8.70's in the heat.... at 3000 with an auto...
No 5-Speeds? But any automatic? Hmmm.......

Matt has Victors, I think. Put on a set of BT's that are better. But how much better? Plus Matt's car works very good too.

I believe that pounds per inch is the only fair way to play. I would set it up for a stickshift and then give the auto a weight break. Say 200 lbs. Or, you have a factor for a stick and a factor for an automatic. Set a 2800 pound minimum and have at it.

I'm just thinking out loud. Not trying to make anyone upset.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
If anyone gets upset too bad for them. :-D

That's what I'd like to know Jay.... how much power would the BT's be over a Victor head with sheetmetal manifold.... oops... that's another thing Jones would have to delete.

We just reduced Jones car by 30-40 horserpower, took away his training wheels, and gave him a slush box. Now he's going 8.80's or worse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts