. . . as an adult and as far back as I can remember, never. Now wish I was dead, almost passed out, that has happened a few times.
- The days after surgery when I crushed off half of my little finger.
- The time they injected my hand with a numbing agent to be able to identify nerves, the needles were stuck in the finger joints where they meet the hand.
- The first time my appendix ruptured in California, the second time it ruptured 3 days later after I got back home and the week I was in the hospital (on pain meds) having fluids flushed through me to clear out the bacteria.
- When they did a bone biopsy on my knee while only under a local topical numbing agent.
- The 5 days of pain (while on meds) after the bone biopsy that enflamed the peroneal nerve and had me hoping they would just cut my leg off.
I used to work at a restaurant. I was working in the kitchen and the roof had a leak. I slipped in a puddle of water on the floor and reached out to stop my fall and ended up laying my arm down on the flat top grill. My forearm and hand were badly burnt. I couldn't even help it, the tears came involuntarily.