Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a great time at Shakedown, thank you Dave Hance and staff!
I will never miss this race! Rich Bruder had the car in the finals, but Dean Marinis was right there all weekend, both cars were deadly consistent.

I wanted to congratulate both teams for their awesome performances and for letting me hang out and race with them.

On to Redemption......can't wait.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
was there from quarter to eleven am sat, til the end at about 10pm sat night. never saw one x275 car, never saw one 8.50 car run.two car loads of us went and paid 35 bucks a head.they were the classes we went to see run, we were very disapointed.i have never missed the shakedown since the first one.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks Mark appreciate the help yesterday.
Wesellit should've been there yesterday they hot lapped us 1 qualifier and 5 rounds.

·
Registered
622 Posts
was there from quarter to eleven am sat, til the end at about 10pm sat night. never saw one x275 car, never saw one 8.50 car run.two car loads of us went and paid 35 bucks a head.they were the classes we went to see run, we were very disapointed.i have never missed the shakedown since the first one.
should have checked the schedule you would have seen that they were qualifying on Friday and they were maybe going to get a 4th on Saturday and then racin on Sunday, just sayin....

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I had a great time at Shakedown, thank you Dave Hance and staff!
I will never miss this race! Rich Bruder had the car in the finals, but Dean Marinis was right there all weekend, both cars were deadly consistent.

I wanted to congratulate both teams for their awesome performances and for letting me hang out and race with them.

On to Redemption......can't wait.

Was a great show and I hope MORE X275 car show next year.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
should have checked the schedule you would have seen that they were qualifying on Friday and they were maybe going to get a 4th on Saturday and then racin on Sunday, just sayin....
275 ran once on saturday morning as well. 2 friday, 1 saturday morning, and 1 sunday morning (got pushed back from saturday night).

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
At first I felt the same then I heard they ran early sat before I got there. I made sure I was there early sunday to see the last qualifier and watched them run all day. Those are two great classes. The 8.50 class has the closest racing ive seen since nhra prostock. You have to love that class. X275 is the hottest thing going right now. It was amazing with all that racing there were so few mishaps which made for a great weekend. Dave hance is a visionary who brought the greatest gift to the north and it gets better every year.

·
11,809 Posts
Thank you for writing and we appreciate all the support we received. We def have room to improve and will once again try to figure out how to make it better. Strange thing happened....from from 5 pm to 8 pm 3 major oil downs occured consuming 1:45:00 mins which killed us...so strange that we had almost none all weekend but 3 back to back to back ??

Sadly we didn't get our import friends their final round of qual and we did not make that up .... we put them straight into elims next morn (sunday). There was also one poor pro mod dude that didn't get his last qual either due to massive oil down...it was sad cause track and air conditions were killer and that lone pro mod was hoping to bust into the 5's. Next morn that same pro mod guy got it done, 5.92 251 during 1st rd of elims and it was a happy ending ! Bottom line at times we have no control and have to roll with it. 8.50 & x275 were given a 4th qual Sun morning and both of those fields were set as 32 car fields...we do appreciate all the support from our sportsman and will do all we can to "Keep it fair". Thank you to all who attended !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It ran pretty close to on schedule which was posted ahead of time. It was a 29 car field, plenty of X275 action to see. With oil downs and crashes sometimes the schedule will change.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mark. X275 was a killer class as usual we were headed to the front with a DMC car until the mishap. I think people were nervous of the lil white notch only one getting down everytime and only one in the 4's 1st round. SOUTH BOUND and down look out GA team north FTW!

BTW THANKS TO DOMINIC at DC for the help and hospitality to let us use his shop to fix billy's bomb!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was there from 10-5 on Saturday as a spectator and had a blast. I was on the start line taking some pictures which I'll post up soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts