Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World's Fastest Streetbike Shakedown At E-Town!

Everyone at Orient Express would like to thank all those who were involved in organizing and promoting, and those who attended this past weekend's Shakedown at E-Town. Dave Hance from NY Motorsports, as well as Michele Marchese and Eddie Krawiec from Englishtown Raceway Park deserve special recognition for hosting such a tremendous drag racing event this past weekend. We were fortunate to have great weather and a great crowd of drag racing fans. Orient Express hopes that this is the first of many ProStreet events at the Shakedown, and we were thrilled to be a part of such a well organized and well run event, with tons of close racing.

A big thanks goes to all the ProStreet teams, riders, and crew who made the trip in support of this great event - thanks for showing those 4 wheel folks how it's done! Hearty congratulations to RMR Racing and Bud Yoder for the well deserved ProStreet win. It was also great to see Ryan Schnitz put down a few 6 second passes! John Flood rode the Orient Express ProStreet Hayabusa to win a few rounds and put down a personal best 7.24" at 198mph. John and the Orient Express Hayabusa are running harder and faster than ever before, and we look forward to the upcoming events to close out the 2011 season. See you at the track!

·
Registered
82 Posts
It was great to see bikes there ''finally''. Hopefully there will be more bikes there to make a bigger field next year.
It was pretty cool to be in the stands to listen and see people's reactions when seeing high 6 second and low 7 second bikes go down the track at over 200.00 mph.
And congratulations to Bud Yoder on taking the win . It was fun to watch him hang the front wheel past the 60' with his right leg hanging off the bike till half track. :grin:

·
1,193 Posts
Joe

I'm glad that Orient Express was willing to get involved with the race. For the last few years we wanted to get the bikes involved in the race but the timing was not right until this years. I know the car guys were a little pulled back at first but after the friday night runs I had a lot of them tell me that the bikes were really cool to watch and thought is was something that could fit right in.

The RMR/Bud Yoder bike sure was on it all weekend. He only made 2 hits before race day and nailed it right from the start.

I hope to see this go from 14 to 20+ next year. Thanks to all who supported it this season and I hope that you support it for the years to come and Orient Express along with the other great sponsors come back as well.

Thansk to all

Eddie

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was there on saturday and saw some of these bikes run. Holy Shit you guys are out of your mind with the speeds and times youre running on a damn motorcycle!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I was there on saturday and saw some of these bikes run. Holy Shit you guys are out of your mind with the speeds and times youre running on a damn motorcycle!
and on such a small tire...sick

·
Registered
73 Posts
it was an awesome event..Glad to hear some of the car guys likeing the bikes..That will hopfully mean we will get invited back next year..Its awesome making a pass on the bike then hangin in the stands watching these cars go..

thanks for a great weekend of racing...

·
Registered
34 Posts
best race event to showcase nobar bikes, to the racing world that never even heard of no-bar bikes of this caliber.
any body here the announcer make the comment about how many rules are for this class. ''wow, alot of rules"

more or less bikes ,will depend on what happens over the winter with rules. or the option to keep this race independent of mirock.

the need to perform at these races is important,because its to easy for them just to slide promod bikes in.
cant let fast no-bar bikes be pushed out.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I hope you guys are back next year I think you fit in perfectly as well as the imports.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called almost all the ProStreet bike guys who attended, thanking them for coming and they all had a blast...We enjoyed every second of it !!! Such a great event to showcase our class !! Thanks again everyone !!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I called almost all the ProStreet bike guys who attended, thanking them for coming and they all had a blast...We enjoyed every second of it !!! Such a great event to showcase our class !! Thanks again everyone !!
Joe, with such a short notice, I didn't have the vacation availability to myself. Hopefully next year, there will be enough notice so I can plan accordingly. Glad you guys had a great time.

·
1,193 Posts
Joe, with such a short notice, I didn't have the vacation availability to myself. Hopefully next year, there will be enough notice so I can plan accordingly. Glad you guys had a great time.
It was said on 7/21/11 that they were going to be at the race. That gave everyone 10+ weeks but I will let you plan for next year now.

The date is 10/12 - 10/14 of 2012

No excuses this time.

Thanks

·
1,193 Posts
Kinda rough on the guy aren't ya? ;)
Not really. :smt102

I just don't want any reason for someone not to show. I plan on next year being really good. This will be the 10th year in 2012 so we want to really raise the bar.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hey Eddie what was the problem you guys were having with the tree in the right lane on Sunday ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts