Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all 8.50 racers and crews:

The Al Anabi Racing 7th annual Shakedown at E’town will be here before we know it. Again, I want to thank to Dave Hance, Michelle Marchese, and Keith Mitterman at Finelines for all of their hard work and for once again including our 8.50 Index class in the Shakedown 2009.

In 2008 many racers, crewmembers and friends came together and jointly became a Shakedown sponsor. They were known as the “Raceway Park 8.50 Index Racers”. For those of you racers, crewmembers and friends that are interested in becoming a Shakedown sponsor again in 2009, I would like to include the “Raceway Park 8.50 Index Racers” as a sponsor for the Shakedown. Raceway Park has agreed to list us all by name and show our group name as RP 8.50 Index Racers. Our sponsorship will be well represented through many websites, in Raceway News, which is given out to all racers, sponsors and fans at the event, through p.a. announcements, and on the gate letter. This sponsorship allows Raceway Park to pay something back to those who only go a few rounds. Last year we had 59 cars show up. I'm sure that number will increase this year.

Also, I have been in contact with the Official Hotel of the Shakedown at E’town, Best Western East Brunswick (7 miles from track). They have agreed to give us a group rate of $75 a night, including anyone wishing to stay over Friday night. Below is the link for the Best Western. I'll hold a block of rooms under the 8.50 class. I'll need to give them an approximate # of rooms so the sooner everyone lets me know, the better.

Please let me know who's in for the sponsorship and your opinion on the hotel. Thanks!!

http://www.bestwesternnewjersey.com/hot ... swick-inn/

Sue Verzilli
856-931-7817

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
5,000 to WIN

-
Sportsman ladder
- .4 Pro Tree/Heads Up/No Breakout/Quickest ET gets lane choice
- No Deep Staging
- Maximum tire 10.5” (example: W33.0/10.5-15W)
- (All cars running 11.00 and quicker must have metal,
screw-in valve stems.)
- Any race fuel permitted including alcohol
- Minimum vehicle weight: 2800 lbs. for Small Block/3000 lbs.
for Big Block
- Auto Start set at 7 seconds for timeout
- All NHRA safety rules, license and chassis requirements in effect

Body/Interior:

- Full-bodied factory rear wheel drive street type cars
- A ribbon-type window net SFI Spec 27.1 is mandatory on full bodied cars that are required to have a roll cage
- Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean and professionally done)
- No car will be permitted to go faster than the Chassis is certified for by the NHRA
- Must have door panels
- Racecar lettering on windows only (Sponsor Logos permitted)
- Height on hood scoop to be a maximum 9 inches
- No one-piece fiberglass front ends
- Back half or stock suspension permitted
- Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
- Must have stock style front suspension
- No full round or square tube chassis cars
- On board fire extinguisher is permitted and recommended

Electronics:

-
Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
- Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted

NHRA Rulebook:

-
Delay boxes/Devices 8.2 under prohibited
- 8.7 switches
- 9.1 computer

- Engine/Transmission:

-
Trans Shield meeting SFI Spec. 4.1 mandatory in all cars running quicker than 10.99 or 135 mph
- Oil retention device (Diaper) recommended for all cars
running 9.99 & quicker
- OEM or aftermarket transmissions with a maximum of 5 forward speeds permitted, including “clutchless” models. Any gear change must occur from direct action by the driver. Pneumatic, Electric, Hydraulic shifters prohibited. Clutch release devices prohibited. Trans brakes and 2-steps allowed.
- Jacket/Pants/Gloves/Neck Collar mandatory in all cars running
9.99 and quicker or 135 mph and quicker
- NOS permitted as well as other power adders
- No dragsters

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Below is the list of people who have donated so far:

Scott Shepherd
Mark (noricehere)
Marc Schankweiler
Craig & Ali Buscio
Mike Pyott
Seth (Iceman)
H & J Motorsports, Inc
Bill & Sue Verzilli
Weber Automotive
Mike Grosseto
Henry Jackson Racing Engines

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
"Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean and professionally done)"

Well..........the above statement ought to pretty much eliminate all the riff raff, and all the cobbled together ("Pinks") P.O.S.'s!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 for the hotel...im out of the cash so I cant put any extra up (i dont even know what the entry fee will be)
For anyone wanting to make a reservation at the host hotel Best Western (732-238-4900), simply mention the Shakedown and your room rate
will be $75.00 + tax. Give her a credit card # to hold the room. The cancellation policy is they want a 24 hour notice,
then no charges will be incurred. I would recommend anyone wanting to stay over call soon. They are not holding any rooms.
The 8.50 class is simply getting a discounted rate. Last year, there wasn't one empty room....so call soon.
And make sure you write down your confirmation #.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
this looks like a great class, love the racing. Does it have a great future, may be a great racing alternative to running nhra divisionals

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this looks like a great class, love the racing. Does it have a great future, may be a great racing alternative to running nhra divisionals
This class is growing....rapidly. I believe there are several tracks out West and South of Jersey looking into it. Great rules. Great people. Stock appearing cars. And if you've never been to the Shakedown @ E-town, you're missing the best race of the year in the NorthEast.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
This class is growing....rapidly. I believe there are several tracks out West and South of Jersey looking into it. Great rules. Great people. Stock appearing cars. And if you've never been to the Shakedown @ E-town, you're missing the best race of the year in the NorthEast.
I go to the shakedown every year, would not miss it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Shakedown is a great race, i go every year.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
342 Posts
There's no denying that "SHAKEDOWN AT E'TOWN" is going to be a blast... Everyone should be marking their calendars for October 17th & 18th, and be certain to find their way to Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey... This event has proven year after year to be a genuine Outlaw Doorslammin' delight!!... The nation's best tow to E'Town to participate in this no-holes-barred barrage of Heads-Up drag racing... The classes are HOT-- The payouts super and SUBSTANTIAL-- And the fans bring the kind of enthusiasm to this race that's unlike anything else you'll ever see!!... Follow the signs to Raceway Park and make sure that YOU are part of SHAKEDOWN... This is definitely a "MUST SEE" event for anyone who considers themselves to be hardcore!!... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

·
Registered
280 Posts
hi, i would like to know if doc has a 2008 shakedown at e-town video available for sale? i have the other shakedown video that they sold and it was great. THANKS gary m

·
Registered
342 Posts
Gary, thanks so much for your kind words... I'm glad that you enjoyed Drag Racing Underground's "SHAKEDOWN AT E'TOWN" video and that ya think it's great, I genuinely appreciate you sayin' that... We do our best to serve the true "hardcore" drag racing community, and there's no denying that the Outlaw Heads-Up Doorslammer scene is definitely about as hardcore of a scene as you'll find anywheres in the sport-- It's "True Grit" for sure... We still have not had the opportunity to edit and produce another "SHAKEDOWN" video, much due to other projects gettin' in the way, like music oriented stuff and other things, however, we do eventually plan on releasing another super "SHAKEDOWN" video that will feature a few years worth of ULTRA-INTENSE action-- It'll be jam-packed with goodies... And we'll definitely be at E'Town come this October 17th & 18th to cover the event... Our good friends, Dave Hance, Michelle Marchese, and the entire E'Town crew do a phenomenal job of making "SHAKEDOWN" an event that rocks the foundation like no other... I'm really looking forward to this upcoming one... The racers and fans are the real deal!!... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts