Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is it best to go from rockers with gridles to shaft mount rockers. I have a BBC with a 750 lift cam with the duration it should be good to 6500+rpm. Is it a lift thing or max rpm isssue? My set up has been fine shifting a 6000 so what's up?:smt102

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have ran mine with .776 lift with stud rockers and a girdle for three years and the lash never moves. It always turned 7000rpm. Duration was only 257 @ .050. I think you would be fine with that setup. Just make sure the geometry is correct and it will last a long time.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
As far as i am concerned you need to go to shaft rockers as soon as you can afford them

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I should just get Jesel 1.7 shaft mounts and forget it. Sort of a stupid question but can a use the push rods a have know or will they have to be replaced?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I like the T & D shaft rockers. One set to be looked at is the Crower they are a stainless rocker. I think the Stainless material is more stable than aluminum and would last longer.

The one thing that matters no matter what type system you use is the geometry. Spring PSI, RPM, Lift and duration all put stress on valve train components.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
the least expensive route to go is the jesel sportsman series. no machining required, only run around a grand and are good up to around 900 lbs open spring pressure very nice piece for the money bolt on and go

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
You will have to check push rod lenght, and clearence on rocker ajusting "Stud" thru its motion, along with the spring retainer remember when odering to tell them the size retainer your using

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm a jesel dealer, pm or call @ 267-446-3525 ask for Tom. I can beat any ones price on Jesel shaft mounted rockers, let me know what head you have, bye make & size. You won't be disappointed....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Crower they are a stainless rocker thats what I bought for mine

I like the T & D shaft rockers. One set to be looked at is the Crower they are a stainless rocker. I think the Stainless material is more stable than aluminum and would last longer.

The one thing that matters no matter what type system you use is the geometry. Spring PSI, RPM, Lift and duration all put stress on valve train components.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts
While all parties here gave valued points and money is the ansewer where do you stop using studed valve train and alum rockers???
The ansewer lies within yourself. What are studed valve trains capable of, 10,500 rpms , on 385 #,s of seat pressure, with 960#,s over the nose pressures, only using a stud gridle system. On a wild 302 duration at .050 with .840 lift cams. How do you get there with alot of knowledge on valve train Geometery and paying attention to fine details. Valve lash never changes unless something goes wrong or you dont do it right to begin with. Jesel and T&D and crower stainless steel rockers are excellent pieces and there kits take away some of the problems you dont know you had and keep you in the dark on valve train geometery. Push rod length should be checked on each and every valve as they can change as much as .100 in length because of bolt hole placement and or stud thread placement and rocker arms. So no matter what you buy learn alot. READ READ READ. Bad thing about stud systems on BBC is the taller you go in valve length the closer you get together in stud and valve stem center lines and the harder it gets to align valve train geometery. Stand systems are great for correcting that fault. Depends on were your at now in your engine mods as to were you stop using studs. For me it was a challenge to fix the bugs using studs. Big springs will bend anything. Some great new heads out there and come with only use of stand systems thats the turning point.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have T&D's and they had to custom make some stands for me. Had to move the rocker up .100 and back .250. Long valve and geometry was crap. Now all fine, guess what, they didn't charge me a penny for it. Great company.....Ran Jesel before also, good piece, all of them are good I am sure, T&D is probably gonna be the one I stick with though.....

·
Go Phuck youself
12,350 Posts
I have T&D's and they had to custom make some stands for me. Had to move the rocker up .100 and back .250. Long valve and geometry was crap. Now all fine, guess what, they didn't charge me a penny for it. Great company.....Ran Jesel before also, good piece, all of them are good I am sure, T&D is probably gonna be the one I stick with though.....

I have found out the same thing with T&D their alot more helpful then Jesel seems like Jesel has a BIG HEAD now and can push the little guy around and suck ass with nascar. Funny how people forget were they came from. Iam putting together a set of pro stock heads for my bbc and T&D was the best helpful company but still not helpful enough to bring the price tag under 2000.00 so i am making my own stands and parts. NO choice when you step up to a head made for stands. THey all think they got ya by the balls when that happens but only the people that are parts changers .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts