Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have helpful advice on setting up a Turbo-Action shifter on a C4?

I know the instructions say to set up the swivel in top gear first, but then it throws all the rest out. If I set it up in neutral then the only one out is third.

This is on a reverse pattern PA transbrake C4.

When I get all the rest of the gears to sit sweetly while setting up from the neutral position, then when I pull the swivel out in third the lever pops a bit further....once again, any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
887 Posts
1st locates with the detent in the vb, I set mine up to fit 2nd, then ground the gate down a tad for it to get into 3rd all the way.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hutch, the shift arm was already on the trans so I'm not sure how it was hung.....could this be the cause of third not fully dropping in?

BBHorse.....here I was thinking the Turbo-Action was a perfect fit.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
It wasnt much I had to grind, I just wanted the detent to line up perfect with the shifter gate as this will piss high gear off real bad in one of these.

The shifter comes with its own shift lever, maybe yours is not the correct one?

·
Registered
770 Posts
C4 with a PA Brake and cheeta shifter

I had the same problem-I took my car over to PA and they found that I needed the shifter arm and shaft for that shifter, that was to be purchased seperate in which required removing the pan and install the special shaft and arm,now all is well.Hope this helps ,Bob D.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got some pics of the lever but for some reason I can't post them.....anybody care to have a look if I email them? Its most certainly slightly forward of straight up-and-down....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks right from the pic, the shifters come with levers for both the c4 and c6, you need to verify its the right one. Should have a stamp on it as to which lever it is.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have used both a forward and reverse pattern on my Cheetah and have never ground anything. Never a moments trouble.
A Cheetah does use a thicker cable, 1/4 inch thread rather than the common #10 thread.
This is a blessing but a bit of a curse, the cable is so stiff that if not aligned right it will not shift correctly.
Put the tranny in 2nd gear (center of travel) loosen the small u-clamp that holds the cable and make sure there is no strain on the cable, I had to slot the holes the u-clamp went thru to make it completly free.
Very odd also that you are at the end of your adjustment for the pivoting nut.

Awesome shifter but does need a bit of massaging like a lot of parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts