Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
13,023 Posts
The tire shop checked the wheel and tires completely, but I'll swap over the wheels and tires from my work truck which also a 2014 f150.
Keep in mind tire shops are usually manned by people that can't find a better job than that. Diagnostics are not their forte.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
My 2013 F-150 was pretty smooth with the original Goodyears, but they wore out at 31K. The Coopers I have in it have a little vib, but some days it's worse than others.
At work I was putting aggressive Goodyear Wranglers on our trucks they all shook from 65 to 72. Had them balanced at 3 places, still shook. This happened on Ford, Dodge and GMC. Trucks didn't shake before, just after the Goodyears. And yes most tire store people can't diagnose or balance problem vehicles.

·
Banned
51,087 Posts
Bought a BRAND NEW 2013 Silverado and haven't had to do shit to it, which is exactly what I expected.
???? Not sure what that supposed to mean? A brand new truck can sit on a lot for a year or more. Not that big of deal, test drove it shook, came back next day after swapped tires it was fine and I bought it. Drove it 25k miles trouble free before I got a new one

·
Banned
13,023 Posts
???? Not sure what that supposed to mean? A brand new truck can sit on a lot for a year or more. Not that big of deal, test drove it shook, came back next day after swapped tires it was fine and I bought it. Drove it 25k miles trouble free before I got a new one

It means I was fuckin' with ya. My truck sat on the lot for almost a year too. By the way, I've had it for 4 years and it's got 9700 miles on it now. It's about worn out completely :)

being a Chevy and all

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Tires that came on my truck were the Pirelli' s OP. Swapped them for Michelins and it was fine.
I worked at a tire shop selling and installing for 12 years and I never adjusted a single Michelin for a defect. Pirelli was bad but General was the worst. With that being said it was a long time ago and qc could have been problem.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
BTW I've been a Gm guy all my life, dad is a Gm guy,but the little v6's in these fords are pretty amazing for trucks. I drove my brother in laws 2015 Silverado 5.3 and my step dads 2017 Ram 5.7 for a couple days each before I bought my truck and the way these ecoboosts pull from just off idle makes them feel way stronger.....no idea if the fords the fastest or not but it sure feels like it.....I couldn't find a GM with a 6.2 to compare but all the 6.2 trucks were out of my price range anyway.

·
Registered
42,709 Posts
The stock Pirelli P-Zero tires on my Charger will slightly flat-spot just sitting overnight, even in the summer. Drive the car 1-2 miles and it's gone. Over time, we've had more trouble with Goodyear Wranglers (not the LT's) than any other major brand when it comes to vibration and noise from tread scalloping.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.