Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol I buy my first ford product and this is what I get......2014 f150 fx4 super crew ecoboost. Pretty significant vibration from 60-90+ mph.

On the test drive we took the access road next to the highway by my choice and I though I was just feeling the expansion joints on our crappy roads and since then I've mostly just driven around town and it rides really nice, but I took a 40 mile trip on the highway last weekend and it just about shakes water bottles out of the cup holder.

Took it to the tire shop and had them rebalance the tires....they said it was out of balance and missing weights so I thought that fixed it. Nope, took a 100 mile trip on the highway today and it's still happening...fuck me

So YB ford phuckers what's the real fix for this?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check the tires, make sure they run true, no flat spots or bulges, wheel is true. Make sure you don't have a brake caliper freezing up, check them hot immediately after a drive.
The tire shop checked the wheel and tires completely, but I'll swap over the wheels and tires from my work truck which also a 2014 f150.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the vibration in the steering wheel or in your ass. Steering wheel will be up front, in you seat in the rear. Try to Isolate it. Vibration is mostly tires or wheels in my opinion. Could be a carrier bearing or driveshaft but I look at wheels first.
Zim
Both. You can definitely feel it in the steering wheel and the seat.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
BTW I've been a Gm guy all my life, dad is a Gm guy,but the little v6's in these fords are pretty amazing for trucks. I drove my brother in laws 2015 Silverado 5.3 and my step dads 2017 Ram 5.7 for a couple days each before I bought my truck and the way these ecoboosts pull from just off idle makes them feel way stronger.....no idea if the fords the fastest or not but it sure feels like it.....I couldn't find a GM with a 6.2 to compare but all the 6.2 trucks were out of my price range anyway.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
BLAME IT ON THE TIRES ALL YA WANT THERE HERO...
I agree with you CAPS...this isn't a wheel/tire issue....there are 1000's of posts about 2009-14 f150 screw vibration issues at highway speeds and the majority are unresolved after numerous trips back to the dealership.

I put my work trucks wheels/tires on my truck this morning and the vibration is still there and my base model work truck drives like a dream.

I really do like everything else about the truck, they are damn nice and look killer, but my damn 04 gmc 2500 duramax rides smoother from 60mph up.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
So I just got back from vacation towing the boat. Since my last post the dealership replaced the pads and rotors on all four under warranty. They said they took it back out and it drove perfect. I didn't have time to drive it on the highway before we left for the lake. The vibration is still there, I'm going to call the service manager on Monday and schedule for him personally to come test drive it with me.

Since I had the boat and the road to the lake is a pretty tough/steep pull I just set cruise on 65mph and it was pretty good, but whenever I had to pass someone it pissed me off to the point of slowing down and just following a guy with a brand new cummins towing a smaller boat than mine...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.