Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol I buy my first ford product and this is what I get......2014 f150 fx4 super crew ecoboost. Pretty significant vibration from 60-90+ mph.

On the test drive we took the access road next to the highway by my choice and I though I was just feeling the expansion joints on our crappy roads and since then I've mostly just driven around town and it rides really nice, but I took a 40 mile trip on the highway last weekend and it just about shakes water bottles out of the cup holder.

Took it to the tire shop and had them rebalance the tires....they said it was out of balance and missing weights so I thought that fixed it. Nope, took a 100 mile trip on the highway today and it's still happening...fuck me

So YB ford phuckers what's the real fix for this?

·
Registered
44,199 Posts
Check the tires, make sure they run true, no flat spots or bulges, wheel is true. Make sure you don't have a brake caliper freezing up, check them hot immediately after a drive.

·
Maderator
16,256 Posts
It's actually an easy fix...... you will need a Phillips screw driver...... the issue is just just behind the front license plate... if you take that plate off... and then screw it on a new Silverado you will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
How many miles on the truck? What shape are the tires in? Get it to a shop with a road force balancer..that would be a good start. Check u-joints as well. I have a '13 with zero issues. You want vibration issues...but a GM truck,they've been fighting them and buying them back for a few years now. My co-worker has a '16 that's been back a crap ton of times......it'll rattle your teeth at 70 mph. He's trying to get them to buy it back.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
ls swap
what is happening is the stock engine dosent have the power to push that pos that fast

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Bent wheel maybe?

Try this, are you sure it's the mph or could it be a flex plate/torque converter? Pop it in neutral when it is doing it. If it still does it, then it's from the back of the trans, out to the tires.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Is the vibration in the steering wheel or in your ass. Steering wheel will be up front, in you seat in the rear. Try to Isolate it. Vibration is mostly tires or wheels in my opinion. Could be a carrier bearing or driveshaft but I look at wheels first.
Zim

·
Registered
609 Posts
Check the tires, make sure they run true, no flat spots or bulges, wheel is true. Make sure you don't have a brake caliper freezing up, check them hot immediately after a drive.
It's amazing how many people pass a wheel / tire assembly after balancing.

Even some tire shops don't realize you can balance a square tire.

·
Premium Member
49,666 Posts
Lol I buy my first ford product and this is what I get......2014 f150 fx4 super crew ecoboost. Pretty significant vibration from 60-90+ mph.

So YB ford phuckers what's the real fix for this?
Where in the US are there speed limits in excess of 90 mph?

The real fix, put your wife behind the wheel.

·
Banned
13,023 Posts
A u-joint is going to vibrate at a higher frequency than a tire because the driveshaft is turning three or more times faster than the tires do. It will also be more centrally located. Bent wheels and square tires can be balanced neutral but cannot be made to stop shaking. A driveshaft will be more like a buzz or hum and a tire/wheel will be more like a shake.

I know you know this but I had to state the obvious

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tire shop checked the wheel and tires completely, but I'll swap over the wheels and tires from my work truck which also a 2014 f150.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the vibration in the steering wheel or in your ass. Steering wheel will be up front, in you seat in the rear. Try to Isolate it. Vibration is mostly tires or wheels in my opinion. Could be a carrier bearing or driveshaft but I look at wheels first.
Zim
Both. You can definitely feel it in the steering wheel and the seat.

·
Registered
44,199 Posts
The tire shop checked the wheel and tires completely, but I'll swap over the wheels and tires from my work truck which also a 2014 f150.
On the wife's 200, the dealer swapped wheels and tires with a Dodge, the thing was like a flying carpet. I think they were Michelins. They wouldn't let us keep them though so she shoved it up their ass.

·
LS Powah!
13,310 Posts
Probably has cheap ass tires that are chopped to shit.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.