Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read over on a bracket racing site stating that the rage of street car events is only because of the crashes. I called BS and stated nobody wants cars to crash and have to wait in the stands for clean up. Besides 2100lb cars on throttle stops for 2-4 seconds and run 9.90's is not exactly exciting. I read last weekend nearly 16k in spectators at a street outlaw event.What is your reason why its more popular to spectators?

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Because its easy to understand,and its on prime time television?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Bracket racing is boring even for the drag racing fan or racer.
If it's boring for us, how does one expect to get others interested in it.
Even my wife knows the difference between bracket and heads up racing. When I go to the track to see my friends when they are bracket racing, she says every time, geeze why do you go watch that, it's so stupid. Hey, I get why my friends bracket race, but she does make a point.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Not a lot of heads up classes left in NHRA/IHRA racing.

And the same reason Ashley Madison is so popular. Might not want them to crash, but there is danger in getting caught.

After having my car impounded and spending the night in jail, street racing kinda lost its attraction for me in the 80's.

·
Registered
584 Posts
On a more serious note.. I think its all about "how fast you can go" and not so much about how fast you can go each time.. Plus its easier to go ballz out than it is to repeat over and over, each and every race.. Lastly I think its about the money.. I personally hate giving money to NHRA and would much rather send it to some outlaw track

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Racing fans want to see first to the finish line winners plain and simple. You will never get that in sportsman racing. Bracket racing and the 90's classes were never meant to be for the spectators. They are for the average racer who can't afford to run in a pro style heads up class. The street outlaw no prep racing is bringing fans to the tracks that's fine. It's not for me but if it helps keep the tracks open that's fine too. The money will ruin that type of racing soon too just watch.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Guys that have no skills want to race too:)
I hate Bracket racing , but I run Top Dragster , which takes power to qualify and then its a bracket racer. I use to run competition eliminator and Super stock, both are real classes , and contrary to what some think Comp is a run to the finish line class. only a few other mineshaft condition can run faster then 60 under. Stock and Super stock are first one to the fins line, if you racing another car in your class.

as to bracket racers not having skill, you have no clue , I know people that make big money bracket racing

·
Registered
184 Posts
Heads up racing is easier for the casual fan or not fan at all to understand. First one there wins. Whenever I explain bracket racing to someone they tune out and try to turn it back to "oh I thought it was just whoever got there first."

I love bracket racing and heads up racing, but I can only afford bracket racing.

·
TEAM CARB
45,355 Posts
I hate Bracket racing , but I run Top Dragster , which takes power to qualify and then its a bracket racer. I use to run competition eliminator and Super stock, both are real classes , and contrary to what some think Comp is a run to the finish line class. only a few other mineshaft condition can run faster then 60 under. Stock and Super stock are first one to the fins line, if you racing another car in your class.

as to bracket racers not having skill, you have no clue , I know people that make big money bracket racing
;)

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
everyone can do it regardless on how deep your wallet is plus you see a wide range of cars from straight shit boxes to all out built cars

1 - 20 of 67 Posts