Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be putting half down on a transmission for my gt40 soon. I basically have 2 choices to fit in my replica. Both from Mendeola Sd5r and SD5.

One is a sequential and the other is a synchronized H-pattern. Both 5 speeds.

Sequential is rated at 750 hp and the other 550. The sbf im building should be about 750 hp. Price difference is about 6k more for sequential.

I plan to drive it around a lot but I also plan on taking it to the strip.

Am i going to lose that manual feeling with a sequentual? Will it be street friendly? On the drig strip are there issues slowing down after the run?

Besides the huge price difference what will be my biggest problems. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would be asking the transmission company because of power levels. From your build it has to be the sequential. The h pattern is good for street to skip gears. Only sequential I've driven is motorcycles. And it just makes some extra motions to skip, also to get back to first at a stop. Sometimes which gear your in can be a guess if your not paying attention to it

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You need to ask them about the power ratings, too. Torque and vehicle weight is what kills a sequential when you're at the limits of what the box can handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts