Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who lives across the street from me was murdered wednesday night at 9:30 PM while I was sitting in my living room watching TV. I heard nothing even though several shots were fired. These scumbags killed him in front of his family over a $1000 ring. I buy and sell dozens of items worth that and more on CL every year. It just makes you think about what you can do to be more careful. The most disturbing part is that after two days these douchebags are still on the loose and police have no idea who they are. Sad and disgusting. Be careful out there when dealing with strangers. You never know what they could be capable of.

The link:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011735142_homeinvasion30m.html

·
Bracket racer
5,188 Posts
Wow that's terrible. Reasons like that need to have conceal and carry laws. That is also the reason I don't have people come to my house. I meet them in a public place.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
That's messed up!!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Absolutly Sickening!! His poor family.:(

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that's terrible. Reasons like that need to have conceal and carry laws. That is also the reason I don't have people come to my house. I meet them in a public place.
Meeting in a public place is 100% smart. That is what I will do from now on. I seriously doubt there is any law that would keep a murderer in line. Or any law that would make a good, law abiding citizen and family man have reason to expect he is going to be gunned down in his own home. How would conceal carry laws affect this anyhow? He was in his home. Even though I agree with you, gun laws don't fit this circumstance.

Greg

·
Bracket racer
5,188 Posts
Yeah that is true. But I wonder if people would think twice about doing anything like that knowing that its legal for a guy to have a gun on him. For the most part people abide by the law and don't carry a gun or even own a gun.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that is true. But I wonder if people would think twice about doing anything like that knowing that its legal for a guy to have a gun on him. For the most part people abide by the law and don't carry a gun or even own a gun.
In this state, anyone can carry a gun. That's my point. Anyone who doesn't have a felony can get a carry permit. Anyone who does have a felony probably doesn't follow the law anyhow. I keep my guns at home and frequently meet people at my warehouse to sell items I have for sale on CL. I may just need to go get me a permit for meetings outside the home in the future. FWIW, having a gun in his hand or nearby when answering the door may have just started a shootout that could've gotten others in his family killed as well. He would've been outgunned 4 to 1 when the bullits started flying. They were inside his home already when they pulled the guns. I may have guns at home, but I've never answered the door with a gun in my hand. Short of doing that and keeping them outside before he ever had a clue that it would go bad, there is not much he could've done once his door was opened. The lesson to be learned here, and the reason why I posted is to let people know to be more careful when arranging a meeting off CL. Especially for something like jewelry.

Greg

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,090 Posts
Thats right, Kansas has a conceal and carry law. Me and the ol lady talked about getting ours. I dont want to be the only asshole out there without one. scary shit.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,510 Posts
If your going to set up a meeting at a public place, do it at your local police department. Just tell the person you will meet them after work at such and such address. Don't tell them the address is a police station.

Use the element of uncertainty to your advantage. A honest person has nothing to be uncertain about in this situation when they drive up to a police station.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Couldn't have said it any better. I wish the best for his family in getting through this difficult time.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
A guy here was selling his vette, guy was like 65 years old..he told his wife he was going to meet the person ,so they could go to the bank to work out the payment..guy never returned home, they killed him over the car and took it... you never know who you are dealing with..so be carefull...cuz there is always money involed ..if they would start hanging these theivs like the old days of horse stealing they wouldnt do it

·
Registered
7 Posts
i used to go to peoples houses to look at stuff they had on craigslist, with money in my pocket, and never thought twice about it. then i heard about stories like this and now i carry a gun with me when i go.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I couldn't believe that story when I read it last night. Even though I'm back in Iowa I still read the Portland news about every day. It was all over the Portland news station news sites last night. They say there was another robbery and law enforcement is certain is was the same people involved.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
only reason you are coming to my abode after buying something, is it's a pain in the nuts to transport (IE you're buying a car, and it doesn't run, or I'm not finding my ass a ride home.)

Sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor.

Worse when it happens so close to home. Scary shit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts