1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looked saiga, MKA 1919, and AR12.

anyone have 2 cents to add?

leaning toward AR12, as its an upgraded 1919, and less costly,
both use same magazines, and handle hi and lo press ammo.
come with 5 rnd mags, but 20+ rnd mags available.
for fun and home defense,

·
Registered
909 Posts
I love mag fed 12 gauges, Google Saiga 12 v. VEPR 12 before you buy either of those and decide which has the advantages you need. Also the VEPR should be a little easier to get, unless I'm mistaken about the current state of affairs between us and Russia, Saigas have been really expensive lately.

PS there's a 12 gauge upper for AR10s out now in case that piques your interest, they were like $340 at my LGS.

·
FART INSPECTOR
1,100 Posts
I love mag fed 12 gauges, Google Saiga 12 v. VEPR 12 before you buy either of those and decide which has the advantages you need. Also the VEPR should be a little easier to get, unless I'm mistaken about the current state of affairs between us and Russia, Saigas have been really expensive lately.

PS there's a 12 gauge upper for AR10s out now in case that piques your interest, they were like $340 at my LGS.

Yep I think embargo on any Russian made firearms so Saigas went up. The MKA 1919 is okay but they jam up and unless you get a weaker spring installed jam often unless you run hotter loads. MKA made in Turkey.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,197 Posts
I JUST GOT A VEPR12 NOT LONG AGO.....AND IT IS AN AWESOME GUN....

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,475 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts