Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a nos cheater system that i've had for nearly 10yrs without a selnoid rebuild lol . I 'm wanting to to rebuild the nos and fuel selonoids but have no clue where to purchase the seals or rebuild kit? i'm chasing a surge issue when the edle progressive is attivated....thanks tony

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Duh ]Thanks , How can i forget.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I'm running a nos cheater system that i've had for nearly 10yrs without a selnoid rebuild lol . I 'm wanting to to rebuild the nos and fuel selonoids but have no clue where to purchase the seals or rebuild kit? i'm chasing a surge issue when the edle progressive is attivated....thanks tony
I carry all of the rebuild kits.

877-Orme Brs

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car runs fine without the controller in use. The fuel drivers turned off, "Should it be on or off ? I'm ordering rebuild kits for both selonoids so they won't be in question.

I'm new to the controller and setting it up. I have the dual ramp feature attivated, it's set @ 20% to 50% in 1.300sec, ramp#2 50% to 100% in 0.600sec. I currently use nos jets n82 f80 ...on motor i run 6.85et 1/8 mile @100mph, nos without controller 6.46et @ 108mph, with controller 6.58et @ 104mph... any recommendation is welcomed.....thanks tony

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Surging

If the plungers are bad it will definitely cause it to flutter. Plungers are weird, some of the guys I race with use 1 all season long and pulse their controller just as long as I do. And I have to change my plungers every 3 races.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you change your plungers do you use teflon seals only,Or do you rebuild the entire selonoid? Also let me add that i run 1 holley blue pump for the engine and NOS system, I have a holley volume max would it be wise to run two pumps or the single vol max 160? thanks for all the help guys I FINALLY feel like i'm getting somewhere...tony

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Normally

Normally I change the pluger and problem solved, and I only use the Teflon ones. My fuel system is a 250 for the motor and a holley blue dedicated for the nitrous. Got a 10 gallon aluminum cell in the back and a 1 gallon aluminum in the front.

But on my Mustang I use an Aeromotive A2000 for all of it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANKS! I'll turn it on and see if it helps.

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
I'm a little confused as to why you can turn the fuel drivers on or off. I would think the fuel solenoid should work right along with the nitrous solenoid, no? Why would you want one to work independently from the other? Just curious......

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Driver

It's not the standard driver, with this option enabled it pulses the fuel solenoid five times and then opens it. It doesn't progress with the nitrous ramp. It's not turning the fuel solenoid off.

This option is only enabled if the progressive fuel driver is turned off. If it's on it follows the nitrous ramp.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just curious "Is there a performance gain to be had with the fuel driver on or off?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Personally

Personally, I don't even know why it is an option. Maybe SJ can enlighten us on this one!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just curious "Is there a performance gain to be had with the fuel driver on or off?
Small engines with a big hit usually will not run right with this setting off. On big engines it usually won't break up, it takes the fuel so most people don't even know about this option. Every car that I've set this option to the on setting has picked up et.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Its a silly option,cars will never run well this way but I hear Motorcycles run better....
Keep them pulsing together and dump the 5 second OPEN option....My Progressive was set backwards from the factory and
I was running fat for quite sometime till I figured out the default was backwards

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Small engines with a big hit usually will not run right with this setting off. On big engines it usually won't break up, it takes the fuel so most people don't even know about this option. Every car that I've set this option to the on setting has picked up et.
I plan to test /tune this thursday,friday and hopefully have everything in tune for saturday night grudge match. Is n82 /f80 considered to be a large shot?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUjExOReTeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param .Here's the link to a psss with the surging i'm speaking about...if it don't work look up fast351 on youtube.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.