Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my living quarter trailer for sale now for 3 months and maybe 2 or 3 people have hit. I know selling trailers is a PITA but I never thought it would have sucked this bad. I see other lq trailers selling with zero to no options just basic and they are same price as mine. I wonder if keeping it is just the thing to do but i dont need 2 trailers lol

·
TD 3550
2,827 Posts
I would imagine it is a wants and needs deal. As you know long boxes are an issue trying to sell. I up sized from a 24 to a 44 goose neck that i converted (Switched the tongue out) to a
5th wheel. Since i also have a 34 camper (5th). Other aspect i would imagine is, do i have the truck for it. A lot don't. My 44 was on the market for almost 3 years before i found it. It was a custom built, one owner deal. got it for 12K. He used it about 5-6 times. Like brand new.

He called it the "The White Elephant". A lot don't have the room for the big ones. Just the size are intimidating to look at. Don't worry it will sell in time. Guys next to me in the other shop when they had their TAD operation (Short Lived) purchased 48 out of Cali and had it delivered
to here. That trailer there also sat for 2 years prior to finding a buyer. They put a ton into it after they bought it for 25K.. 2 new roof units/tires/brakes/front air foil/alarm system/undercoating./complete bath room. that cost him 7K alone. He took a beating when they sold it off. Got 26K. But i guess in their situation with him. Money loss. Money to burn
No biggie.. Aside from all that, i think he paid 3500 for a custom wrap with minn graphics. The guy that bought it got one heck of a deal. Like a steal deal.

I would like to see your listing. Just to view it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know that the size of it is definitely hindering the buyers. If I had to do it over again I would stayed with a tag like I went back to. I feel the majority of people are hard after the 28' to 34' range. Just going to be patient!!

·
TD 3550
2,827 Posts
What did you dislike about it in general aside from it's size? Just curious.That new one you just received is one beautiful piece.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I really like the new one. Honestly the only thing that I didnt like was trying to maneuver it around my small town and getting in/out of some of the tracks with it. I bought it original for the purpose of doing some out of town races and wanting a place to lay my head and have a shower/toilet. Didnt like the idea of having to leave my trailer and car unattended at a out of town race to go to a motel. So it worked out perfect for that but I never did much out of town racing last year and this year it looks like either. So I thought the ease of a smaller trailer would be more convenient. The living quarters have never been used. It's a beautiful trailer and like new.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have it at a trailer place here locally and they do the advertising but arent really doing "much" to advertise it lol Figured most people need financing so they can get them financed etc. Plus I dont have to deal with nonsense tire kickers.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Looked for a LQ trailer for ever....Everything was +$30k and I didn't have that kind of cash. Really wanted a pinch nose goose neck so I could use my current 3/4 ton short bed truck.
I bought a small 25ft class A gas to tow with instead. I think I am going to down size to a slide in camper. GF never wants to go with me....and the Class A won't go all the places I want to with the 10k trailer. So I haven't tried to sell it, but it sounds like the market is a tone of fun to deal with right now.

·
T/S 368E
26,709 Posts

I always go to the Junk for trailers!!!
99% of the time it's a racer selling to other racers.
A local trailer place won't have as many guys looking for an actual race trailer as racing junk that covers the entire country!!!

I know after this season I will be getting a bigger trailer, and I will absolutely hit up racing junk 1st.

·
T/S 368E
26,709 Posts

Good luck Buddy, I love the roof ornament!!!

·
T/S 368E
26,709 Posts

Absolutely not!!!
A used plain jane 40-44' stacker will be just fine.
The monster is nicer than my cabin!!! or farm!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
All the best luck to ya! I had to sell a trailer a month ago so I could get one for my fairlane and between people trying to lowball you to death (come on, I'll give a discount for cash but not 50%), people asking to have it for free and people wanting to steal it, it's an absolute pain in the dick.

The trailer only costed 7500, had people offering 2 grand and the trailer was brand fucking new! Cost me much more than 7500

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I feel ya brother. I'm not giving it away that's for sure. Damn sure couldn't build my trailer new for what I'm asking. Trailer has only been used 4 times. Not a scratch or ding anywhere!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I feel ya brother. I'm not giving it away that's for sure. Damn sure couldn't build my trailer new for what I'm asking. Trailer has only been used 4 times. Not a scratch or ding anywhere!!
How much would you really take for that trailer if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts