Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever sold a car on ebay? Is it a flat rate or like a typical ebay auction and based on final value?

From what I read it looks like its a $125 fee for a successful listing if you are a low volume seller. It doesn't state anything about final value fees.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Fuck that.

Dealing with no pay and shipping.
I'd put it on forums and craigslist before dealing with all that nonsense

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I sold an old powerwagon on ebay before...to me it wasn't worth it paying their fees unless you don't want to put in some work to list it on forums etc. You can go to https://salecalc.com/ebay-motors to calculate your fees accurately.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sold an old powerwagon on ebay before...to me it wasn't worth it paying their fees unless you don't want to put in some work to list it on forums etc. You can go to https://salecalc.com/ebay-motors to calculate your fees accurately.
Thanks for the link yeah it would come out to be $850.30 if the car sold for $25k. Screw that lol. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Holy crap!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
when i sold my 67 in December 14, i paid a flat fee and the buyer gave me a bank check, so no paypal fees. Once check clears, car is released.

·
Aviation Section
25,593 Posts
It is a flat fee of $125, only use PayPal to get your immediate deposit of $500.00, non-refundable of course,
have the balance sent to you in a wire transfer to your bank.

Hold the item until ALL funds clear and then release it to the new owner.

Ebay still has the best exposure but back it up with other venues such as Craigslist and reference your Ebay ad in it.

Always take the maximum pictures allowed and take good ones, I don't use the reserve because of the cost, I just start my auctions at what I want and let it eat. Have sold three motorcycles within the last 6 months, sold 2 Corvettes and a Powerstroke about 1 year ago, it works. Dave

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Has anyone ever sold a car on ebay? Is it a flat rate or like a typical ebay auction and based on final value?

From what I read it looks like its a $125 fee for a successful listing if you are a low volume seller. It doesn't state anything about final value fees.
I'm pretty sure it's the $125 and no final value fee for cars. Parts are different. They take a chunk out of the sale price AND a percentage of the shipping costs. I've sold quite a few cars on ebay, but in the past few yrs, not so much. The bidding is very very poor. Possibly from ripoffs selling shitty cars that appear nice in the Ad.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've sold two on ebay and bought one.

All three good experiences.
First one I sold was only on there for 3 or 4 hours and it was sold.
2nd one sold for 3,000 more than my reserve was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts