Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull a 28 ft pull behind on a f350 7800 plus pounds 850 tonge weight the currant hitch is 1000 pound bars trailer likes to really buck if I hit a bump no matter what link im on I thinking I need heavier bar and also what is a better unit blue ox reese draw tite to name a few give some feed back

·
T/S 368E
26,822 Posts

Ditto, hockey sticks for decades never an issue.
I keep hearing the modern stuff is better?? but it it's not broke, why fix it!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can also look into the Curt 17500; priced between the Reese and Equalizer listed. Square bars and ball bearing detents and no need for the friction sway control. It has worked great for me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Using my truck and towing a friends enclosed trailer/Reese hitch compared to my enclosed trailer/Equal-i-zer hitch, the Equal-i-zer setup was much better. I bought my hitch online from a place out of Texas and the hitch shipped from a local warehouse in Oregon so I got it in a day or so. They may have made a mistake with the website pricing when I bought mine since I only paid around $400, which was a couple hundred less than anyone else at the time.

That Curt 17500 looks pretty good, too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have an Equalizer brand 14,000lb on my 04 F350 SRW pulling my 28’ spread tandem enclosed. Trailer is a tad over 11,000 loaded and I can pull it without the hitch ok but with it installed and set up correctly it handles excellent. Wind barely affects it at all when it comes to sway and it goes over the whoopdie do’s in the road smooth without the head banging bs. We have some shit roads up here and it’s been great all around. Best thing is you can use it on multiple trailers. Just need to install the L brackets on the tongue of any trailers it’s used on and it’s an easy deal to just hook up and go. I use it on my enclosed and my 14,000lb dump trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts