Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thing had a silver barrel with sum weird lookin horizontal pipe-muzzle the barrel was Silver and Heavy as fuck..guy said the barrel made it over 16 pounds.. DPMS "Lower .. He said it was a $600 .00 barrel ..so why was it $1,795 bux

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Should have taken a pic of it. A 16lb AR? Damn.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just readin a post about weight on the AR15 forum..this thing had a empty rail up top and round handgaurds no accesorys at al ..it was heavier than fuck..i mentioned how heavy it was and the guy said 16 pounds both owners are Old Military guys..lotta cool stuff in the place.. Glock parts new in the pack ..sum Bazooka lookin thing too..

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cool shop. My local one doesn't have anything worth looking at usually. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that barrel on that gun.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Yep, bull barrel. My bros gun has one, its bad, and it aint no 16 pounds though.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
My 24" fluted stainless varminter I built was 14.5 lbs. That was using an .850 barrel. I could see a non-fluted adding up to a pound, and if it was billet receivers, it would be heavier. Also large flash hider or whatever was on the end could be a pound or more as well.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm building one with a 20" super bull barrel. 1.1 inch diameter fluted barrel. No telling how heavy it will be but I bet it will be a long range tack driver,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Penguin it was almost that thick.I .been liftin weights for the last 4 months injured my back 15 years ago.."and couldnt imagine firing this thing..it felt heavy as fuck.'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts