Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember this car I did for a guy in NC. Well things didn't go his way and seven years later I had a chance to snatch it back (not stolen) lol. Anyway, car is going to my grandson so mild to stock 302, Proflo 4, manual and 8/8 pos. Nothing great, just a good ole car. Keep after my ass to post pics cause it's going to be a long winter. Lmao
Zim

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm thinking about doing this...Yeah, I know but I think this is cool. Except in black. Flairs are $160 I think.
Zim

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need some ideas on mounting this dash. Tablet is huge and this bracket was the shortest I could find.
Zim

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why not countersink it in?
Can't. need to access the disconnect in back so I can take it out. I'm not leaving the pad in the car when I lock it up. Pic above is back 1.5". Brackets are hard to find. Thousands of them but this one was rated 5 stars, just too long. Very sturdy and has a quick release behind the tablet. That is why I had to leave a inch to get to the tabs.
I'm done, paint next and moving on.
Thanks
Zim

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wire time. Almost happy with this but I'm changing some things tomorrow.
Zim

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Need some ideas on mounting this dash. Tablet is huge and this bracket was the shortest I could find.
Zim
Why not make a flat panel with a small lip with a raised edge which IPad can sit on/ rest on. Then use double sided taped Velcro to secure IPad to it.

Keeps it nice & close, also easy to remove

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don’t worry, see you have completed it now :)
I almost bent up some sheet metal a few times. They also had a drop in holder but I thought it would rattle too much. I'm got 14,823 hours looking at stuff and as it will probably turn out, this one will shake, rattle and roll just as I thought...lmao
Thanks man
Zim

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I almost bent up some sheet metal a few times. They also had a drop in holder but I thought it would rattle too much. I'm got 14,823 hours looking at stuff and as it will probably turn out, this one will shake, rattle and roll just as I thought...lmao
Thanks man
Zim
And that is why the Germans lost. LOL they sat around looking at stuff instead of building. :smt071:smt071:smt066:smt066:smt062

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And that is why the Germans lost. LOL they sat around looking at stuff instead of building. :smt071:smt071:smt066:smt066:smt062
Ah.....just a fucking minute there mista. I ordered that bracket off amazonsendittoome and it's awesome. Then I had some swedish meat balls and noodles...then took a damn German nap. Lmao.
Zim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts