Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not really that fat but I am a little bigger than average and I'm looking for a replacement for the Jaz prostocks that are too small. While they are tight everywhere the worst is in the hip area they will literally rub my hips raw.

6'4" 255, if it matters.

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
No, I'm not really that fat but I am a little bigger than average and I'm looking for a replacement for the Jaz prostocks that are too small. While they are tight everywhere the worst is in the hip area they will literally rub my hips raw.

6'4" 255, if it matters.
Being a 'small' guy myself i went with the kirkey seat..they offer it in 18-19 and 20" widths and custom if you so desire..i went with the 20" but probably could have used the 19..most comfy race seat i ever sat in and no more raw hips..lol

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts

6'4" 255, if it matters.
Last seat this big boy purchased was from http://www.joieofseating.net

They make awesome stuff, custom sizing and have every seat accessory known to man.

As a side note, I filled my seat with expandable foam, placed visquine over it and sat in it until the foam firmed up. Then we sanded and carved and sanded until the contour was a perfect match. Much safer and truly very comfortable.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Kirkey makes a pro street drag seat that is 15", 16", 17", 18", and 20" wide at the hip. I have the 18" in my car and I really like it.

·
Site *****
8,863 Posts
Last seat this big boy purchased was from http://www.joieofseating.net

They make awesome stuff, custom sizing and have every seat accessory known to man.

As a side note, I filled my seat with expandable foam, placed visquine over it and sat in it until the foam firmed up. Then we sanded and carved and sanded until the contour was a perfect match. Much safer and truly very comfortable.
In a 10 sec car ? impressive to say the least

·
RED ROCKET
8,636 Posts
i sit in a jegs cheap ass seat...mount them at the right angle and they are very comfortable.i am 6ft1 230lbs

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice to see I'm not the only victim of this...

I bought my car as a rolling chassis so it came with a seat that's like 17" in the hips,and yeah that damn thing is waaayyy too tight for my big ahhh,well you know.

Anyhow here is my list for the "big" poly seats,I looked into the kirkey stuff,nice,and they do offer some wider sizes in a couple of the lines of seats,but they're way too pricey for my budget,and my deal is strictly 10.0 and slower for my current car,the next car will get the nice stuff,and be much faster.

RCI #8000 S ~ 20.5" wide
Summit #G1100 ~ 21" wide
Summit #G2100 ~ 20" wide
Jegs #70200 ~ 20" wide

All are appx. 32-33 inches tall.

All are priced at/around $80.00 when you add in the seat covers.

HTH.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.