Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a seat like the RaceTech where the seat actually wraps around your head must you still have head pads on the cage like butler built or ISP

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dragracer4968;3973**** said:
If you have a seat like the RaceTech where the seat actually wraps around your head must you still have head pads on the cage like butler built or ISP
If you have the seats that provide full head support, you do not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Racetech is a beautiful seat. Although the rules allow them, I believe you are better off with a carbon/kevlar bucket with a seat insert and separate head pads. Even NASCAR racers have seat inserts in their custom seats that are a lot closer fit than any Racetech. Also, looking at the photos the left arm of the driver has only the roll bars to stop movement. Not too good. The side support is only a small curved piece, rather than a full side support. The distance between the head supports is also more than I would want to see in any race car, let alone a pro mod. Again, the Racetech is a beautiful and expensive seat, but price doesn't always make it or mean it's the best.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have the race tech seat in my car. The car had a carbon bucket when I got it and it took one test session to decide it was not safe enough for me. Everyone has their opinion but I feel a lot safer with the race tech seat. The pictures are a little deceiving without someone sitting in the seat. There are pads around the shoulders to help contain the upper body and your ass sits further down in the seat. It really makes it easier to drive the car when it's out of control, found that out on the third weekend at 180 mph completely sideways. They have pads that Velcro in for additional support in several areas.

No complaints here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts