Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got fucked by seatow last night coming into the inlet after fishing for red snapper. Hit a sandbar and as luck would have it the tide was going out. Called seatow and it took him an hour to show up and he could not do anything for me but charge $800 for a two hour minimum. Now waiting for high tide so I can get back to the marina.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You fucked up big time there. No way Sea Tow could have pulled you out of that predicament. I used their services when my boat was running. Sometimes they don't have a tow boat close by and you have to wait. I broke the outdrive on my boat one day and it took several hours for them to arrive. That was on a busy weekend day. in odd hours sometime the captain has to get to the marina where his boat is kept then get to you. Typically the captain will call you on the cell and give you an ETA

·
Registered
35,738 Posts
That's why you buy the tow insurance ....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Consider Towboat U.S. The local guy here on the south shore of Long Island is knowledgable, serves his area like only a local can and makes enough money without scamming more.
Maybe your local guy's the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s a hard grounding and wouldn’t have been covered by a Sea Tow or Boat US contract. Removing you from that is salvage. $800 would have been a bargain. They would have torn the props, shafts and rudders off the boat pulling you from that.

In an inboard boat, that’s missing the channel by a bunch. Maybe that’s why the lighthouse is there?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I do shit like that in my canoe...
I just stand up in the gravel and drag it a bit, however most of the time once my fat ass and the dog are both out it will just float to the deep again...🤪

Nice fish and sorry about your luck on the grounding... night driving like that sucks , a spot out by us in lake erie right off presque isle is the same way. Claims boats in the dark often . Hope you got off undamaged.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,170 Posts
Nice catch. Poor timing.

I'd be having a word with the Captain.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How the hell do you get charged if they don't do anything? Did you use that time to clean under the boat?
They charged show up costs, he said he saw the boat on cameras at marina and he could help when I tried stopping him before he showed up. Yes I did clean the bottom while dry docked.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
79,431 Posts
LOL SOUPBEAN

1 - 20 of 35 Posts