Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
iron head clevelands
8,218 Posts
I’ve done this with a Ron’s toilet, start on primer then leanout as soon as possible, can be a pain, this time going to break in with a gas carb , and ring pack sealed up with alcohol last time , just try to build heat quickly

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have block heaters i can plug in the night before and have the water temp around 140 or so when i fire it. I have a 160 jet in it now. Should i lean it out just a bit to break it in?
My lean out valve will also help it build heat. I just didnt know about the alky washing the cylinder walls to much during break in

·
iron head clevelands
8,218 Posts
That’s what I was getting at , about building heat, if you can lean it out some and build heat, then shouldn’t be as worried about washing the cylinders and ring pack

·
iron head clevelands
8,218 Posts
I’m no expert, but think the leanout valve would be enough, if it builds heat with the leanout valve , I wouldn’t change jets

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Ring seal is pretty much a function of cylinder preparation, regardless of fuel used. Run good quality rings, make sure that the cylinders are round and not tapered. Torque plate hone and proper crosshatch pattern to keep some oil on the cylinders and proper break-in procedures. All will be well.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ring seal is pretty much a function of cylinder preparation, regardless of fuel used. Run good quality rings, make sure that the cylinders are round and not tapered. Torque plate hone and proper crosshatch pattern to keep some oil on the cylinders and proper break-in procedures. All will be well.
What he said ^^^^ Don't worry about water temp heat. If the rings and cylinders are right she will be fine, rich or lean. I use an old style BG barrel valve to cut the fuel at part throttle, returning to the tank. By half throttle its totally closed and all going back thru the carb. it works great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts