Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a kirky seat that is literally bolted to the floor of my 25.5 car it is bolted to the frame but my problem is I need to bring it up to get the sub belt installed properly. I was going to ditch the kirky and go to a plastic tub or a pour in seat but I am looking for some ideas and some pictures are helpful!:cool:

·
Registered
16,256 Posts
I've seen two types of brackets on the market and I tried the both. They suck. They are flimsy.

A friend fabbed up four custom aluminum brackets. Then I powdercoated them and the seats to match. That's the way to go, IMO.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here is a couple of pictures of the mount for my seat.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Don't you need to back up the other side of the floor pan when using those style mounts gearhead has? Also are those seat belt tabs ok. I'm just asking since I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Here are the brackets I fabbed up, nothing to fancy but, very sturdy and functional. I wanted to keep the bolts out of the
seat bottom since this is a street car and I will be sitting in the
seat for long periods of time. They mount through the floor and into frame work under the floor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was just thinking, a guy could also use carriage bolts if they are in a spot where they are irritating or come into contact with your body. Just and idea.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts