Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts

Last time we discussed it, only the manufacture would do their own???

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Has to be the same company....there's no real "re-certification", what everyone does is actually re-webbing......you have basically new belts with the old hardware. If you have Simpson belts they are now trash or ebay items. Buy RCI or Stroud. RCI charges like $60 including return shipping and you end up with all brand new stuff except the camlock part.

BTW, I'm looking for a set of cheap black camlock belts for my pass. seat if thats what you have.

Craig

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
NHRA only allows 2 years on SFI belts, but cars slower than 11.49 can run 50 year old stock belts and no shoulder belts at all! I have seen latch lock belts complete for $60 so recert/reweb isn't any bargain, plus shipping two ways.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have Stroud. They will reweb there stuff. Most companies won't reweb because they import thier stuff. Also it is cheaper to get the camlock and have it rewebed. The camlock is way easier for a one man operation.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Stroud is the way to go. As long as the hardware is in good shape they will re-web them.
Let me know if you need some Stroud prices! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.