Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my normal route through town and was coming through the part where you make a "S" and upon making the left turn there was 4 cops standing there and one of them looked inside the car (I was going 5mph ) and he said pull over.

there was like 5-6 other already pulled over and cops were writing everyone tickets.

what a way to start a week...................

worst part was I am in the Airforce and usually "catch a break" especially due to my job.

I didnt make it a point that I was in the Airforce, however I keep my ID card in front of my DL so that I have to remove it so they can see it. Today just wasnt my day.

And Illinois has some crazy law where you can lose your DL with 2 moving violations..........WTF??

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
I give you zero pity. Being in the Airforce, you should know better. You have to wear one to get onto your base.

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
I agree the law should be optional. HOWEVER it is a LAW< obey it!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I work for Uncle Sam now and I'm retired USAF, I don't even think about operating a vehicle without my belt. The guys that work for me better have one on also while in a gov't vehicle or they will be walking to the job site.

·
A. K. A. Maddox
947 Posts
Only an idiot chooses to no wear a seat belt. Putting your
seat belt on is the simpliest thing you can do to help protect
yourself from getting hurt in an accident! You dumb ass! ha ha

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
I agree with that.

But what does the Gunny, or anybody else who will have to clean you up think about that?
I dont usually drive stupid in a daily driver, I chose not to wear one most of the time if I am going to haul ass somewhere I wear one.Like I said it should be a choice.Seat belt isnt the all saving I have been in a wreck that if I was wearing one I wouldnt be typing today

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I dont usually drive stupid in a daily driver, I chose not to wear one most of the time if I am going to haul ass somewhere I wear one.Like I said it should be a choice.Seat belt isnt the all saving I have been in a wreck that if I was wearing one I wouldnt be typing today

No, I agree with you, I hardly ever wear mine. I think Adam is right, it is all about money. Around here it is only a fine, and they don't charge points for it as far as I know.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same thing happend to me. if i would have been wearing a seat-belt who knows.

However I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. If I expect them to do it I had better do it.

However I do feel I should have the choice. Its my life, why should I be penalized. I understand they are looking out. and others..... IE Paramedics and police would rather come to a wreck where someone walks away due to wearing a seat belt. but there should be a choice.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
The reason that there are seat belt (and helmet) laws is so that tax payers like me don't have to pick up the tab for your State Disability Insurance if you wreck and turn yourself into a parapalegic.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Here in the U.S. we seem to be committed to reversing Darwin's Law of Survival of the Fittest/Smartest.

Yes, perhaps we make seat belts mandatory to decrease the chance the person will end up on disability with the taxpaying public picking up the tab. The problem is at some point these stupid people end up being a burden on the society that protects them.

Look at the birthrates of illiterate versus college degrees, do the math . . . . stupid people creating more stupid people. Sterilization should be required for certain social services . . . .

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Nope. There is NO difference when it comes to statistics and statistics are what the insurance industry is all about. Trust me, the states do not give a damn about your personal safety, they just don't want to pick up the tab if you injure yourself. If it weren't for SDI, there would be no such thing as seat belt or helmet laws. The insurance companies have rammed these requirments through the state lagislatures. They don't want to pay you and since the states get their money from the tax payers, I don't want to pay you either.

When the helmet laws in California went into effect, there was some litigation from a riders group that offered to sign a permanent waiver that would preclude them of ever getting any money from the state if they were fucked up in a wreck, kind of like signing your tech card waiver at the drag strip. It was struck down because it is illegal for you to sign a waiver for your family or your heirs. Even if you signed such a waiver, and were killed in an accident, that waiver could not keep your wife or your kids from suing the state for the money. NHRA found out how this works in the Darrell Russell lawsuit, brought by his wife and kids.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Exactly! I wear mine most of the time except in the winter. Having a seatbelt on while wearing a big carhart is not a good time.

All it is is a way to make more money off of us.

Another good reason to move to a warmer climate!

Marshall

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The reason that there are seat belt (and helmet) laws is so that tax payers like me don't have to pick up the tab for your State Disability Insurance if you wreck and turn yourself into a parapalegic.
X2, I think this is the main reason for seatbelt laws.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts