Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set of RCI Platinum belts in my car. The manufacture date that is punched on the SFI tag is Oct 06.

Am I good 'til the end of Oct or the beginning?

Also with the belts being a Platinum series, I could send them to RCI to re-certify them for another 2 years for free or is there a fee for the re-certification?

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
903 939 1908 RCI

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Teh Evil Empire

This sounds like your first experience with the NHRA / SFI Evil Empire.

It isn't about safety. A new in the box part is as safe two years after it was manufactured as is was the first day.

It's all about MONEY. The nhra's sponsors would rather sell more parts, so how about having their buddies issue an edict that a whole bunch of expensive stuff has to be replaced (or re-certified) every couple of years. A sweet deal if you can get it, huh? (Depends if you're buying or selling, though.)

Someone on another thread, above, said that Pinks will kill drag racing. It looks to me like they had better hurry if they want to beat these ripoff artists to it.

I can see pro stuff; but enforcing these "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" rules on bracket racers is running off racers more than any effect it has on safety. A bellhousing should be good for years, unless it has contained an explosion.

Your sfi certified widget's clock is running on the shelf at Summit or Jeg's (et al) long before you buy it.

If you've had enough of this crap, SPEAK UP. Racing associations, parts suppliers and darg strips don't have much without racers. They work for us (our business), not the other way around.

You should get kissed everytime you buy an sfi part; because you know what else they're doing to you.

·
Registered
708 Posts
This sounds like your first experience with the NHRA / SFI Evil Empire.

It isn't about safety. A new in the box part is as safe two years after it was manufactured as is was the first day.

It's all about MONEY. The nhra's sponsors would rather sell more parts, so how about having their buddies issue an edict that a whole bunch of expensive stuff has to be replaced (or re-certified) every couple of years. A sweet deal if you can get it, huh? (Depends if you're buying or selling, though.)

Someone on another thread, above, said that Pinks will kill drag racing. It looks to me like they had better hurry if they want to beat these ripoff artists to it.

I can see pro stuff; but enforcing these "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" rules on bracket racers is running off racers more than any effect it has on safety. A bellhousing should be good for years, unless it has contained an explosion.

Your sfi certified widget's clock is running on the shelf at Summit or Jeg's (et al) long before you buy it.

If you've had enough of this crap, SPEAK UP. Racing associations, parts suppliers and darg strips don't have much without racers. They work for us (our business), not the other way around.

You should get kissed everytime you buy an sfi part; because you know what else they're doing to you.

waaaaahhhhhhhh

fucking quit if it's too much for yu.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
There is a fee however, the platinum series should have come with a certificate for one free recert. All you pay is the shipping down to them.

In fact, they also let me change colors of the belts (thankfullly) and changed the shoulder belts from V type to a wraparound. Very nice people to deal with. Give 'em a call.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
There is a fee however, the platinum series should have come with a certificate for one free recert. All you pay is the shipping down to them.

In fact, they also let me change colors of the belts (thankfullly) and changed the shoulder belts from V type to a wraparound. Very nice people to deal with. Give 'em a call.
That's nearly my exact experiance with platium's. They called and asked if I would mind if the belts came back black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts