Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in trashed section meant to post here. I have a Big o scoop on my 02 camaro.Its a 565 bbc with profiler hitmans single 1150 qfx. The scoop is wreaking havoc on my carb from the 330 foot mark on. I have searched and read many threads.I have the vents tied together with a hose but it's not helping and I'm losing fuel pressure. Last time out I raised my fuel pressure to 8.5 pounds ( not good, I know)and it helped a little but the car stiill layed over after the shift 8.26 151mph. also I have noticed fuel stains around the air bleeds , so Im assuming its pressurising the boals, vents and also pulling fuel out of the carb. How can I correct the turbulance problem and how would I boost reference the scoop to my magnafuel 2 port regulator? My last resort will be to unseal the scoop but I would rather not go this route any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Mine may be doing the same thing,have been fighting a problem of laying over 100-150 feet from the finish line.sealed scoop also,may close the scoop off and drill a bunch of small holes to let air in.Not sure what to try,have try something .?!!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
What does the tray look like inside your scoop that seals it to the carb? What shape is it? Does it have a flat back wall?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
and the back is also flat.
That could be what is causing some of your issue with turbulance. The back should be curved forward so that it sort of rams the air down into the carb. That is how mine is and have never had an issue. I actually got the scoop to get rid of issues similar to what you are having now with yours.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The back is also about 10 inches fro carb, so I'm going to try to move the close off panel to ribght behind the carb and will also try curving it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Maybe you can post a pic?
This would give a better idea of what's going on. I have seen people put a few small 3/4" holes in the back of the scoope. I have seen people put a gutter rail around the back with a lip, to stop air from pulling the fuel out of the carb. they both seem to work....Not sure what way picked up the best.

T-flow

·
Registered
578 Posts
What do you mean loosing fuel pressure? If your loosing fuel pressure that needs to be addressed first before you hurt an engine.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I agree with Bammer, get the fuel pressure issue solved first.

If your still having a turbulence problem then contact [email protected] for one of these carb screens. They really do work and make a difference.

He has them available in a few different heights. Available for both Dominator and 4150 styles. I've seen both rails and door cars pick up a solid tenth that thought they had no turbulencs issues.

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
What everyone is trying to say is that the bowl vents are there to provide atmospheric pressure to push the fuel into the engine. They MUST have a reasonably stable flow of air, if there is too much turbulence then the fuel curve goes all over the place. Vent tube connectors are a good way to help, but if you are having FUEL PRESSURE issues you have to fix that first. Nothing you will do to the carb will help until that is fixed.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The bowl vent should be inside the diffuser (screen).
Have used the screens with the bowl vents inside and outside. It makes no difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts