Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay got a gear drive. the blower drive has red bushings, the shaft and hub to to the crank pulley have black bushings and they dont fit the blower hub, I have also the six pin input shaft that came on the drive and it has no bushings but the recieving holes are much bigger than either set up bushings. how many different sets of bushings are out there for these things? the crank flange and input shaft are from Alston and have the hard black bushings and the blower hub and out put shaft are from SCS and have the soft red ones. what gives?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sounds like you got a mixed bag of chit there. LOL. I know there for a while, the SCS was testing / selling a couple different types of Black ones, but I thought there were all dimensionally very, very similar. Some of the very latest Black bushings I got from the SCS in the Summer of 2010, I didn't care for because they fit very, very tight and I also took a belt sander to them because they were too thick and I also beveled one edge of the bushing to get to seat into the hub the way I liked. I liked the way the radiused black ones fit better (Not so tight). Not familiar with anything from Alston. Good luck man, PM me or give me a holler if you think I can shed any more light on it.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Tim. were the black ones you speak of for the crank or the blower side? I noticed the crank side used a way larger bushing. the ones I got with the Alston shaft dont fit either one :confused:

·
Registered
784 Posts
thanks Tim. were the black ones you speak of for the crank or the blower side? I noticed the crank side used a way larger bushing. the ones I got with the Alston shaft dont fit either one :confused:
The Crank Side. But they also work on the Blower side if you get the updated drive hub for the Procharger & Collet for the gearbox.

·
Registered
165 Posts
okay got a gear drive. the blower drive has red bushings, the shaft and hub to to the crank pulley have black bushings and they dont fit the blower hub, I have also the six pin input shaft that came on the drive and it has no bushings but the recieving holes are much bigger than either set up bushings. how many different sets of bushings are out there for these things? the crank flange and input shaft are from Alston and have the hard black bushings and the blower hub and out put shaft are from SCS and have the soft red ones. what gives?

The newer black bushing from SCS we (Alston) made them. They are a different material and are alot more durable than the original style.

The The SBF 8 pin crank hub uses a smaller bushing 1.138 dia cup. the blower side has a 6 cup 1.260 dia.

If you need bushings they are available from Chassisworks or SCS

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
The newer black bushing from SCS we (Alston) made them. They are a different material and are alot more durable than the original style.

The The SBF 8 pin crank hub uses a smaller bushing 1.138 dia cup. the blower side has a 6 cup 1.260 dia.

If you need bushings they are available from Chassisworks or SCS
I need some... and the drive to go with it. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
You know the number DJ. if you dont want a geardrive we will also have a belt drive real soon along with some other cool stuff.

SR said new years it wasnot the same without you.

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
You know the number DJ. if you dont want a geardrive we will also have a belt drive real soon along with some other cool stuff.

SR said new years it wasnot the same without you.
I know the number... just don't have the wallet. Maybe H&R Block can work a miracle for me... Not to bag on the Supercharger Store but the Chassisworks units are so much nicer.

The lady was going to India for a wedding so I was going to roll solo but then she got sick and stayed home so I stayed with her. I felt bad because Steph was talking about camping and I told her camping sucks and I need punch... and then didn't show.

Given last year, there would have been a ton to talk about too... come to the wedding and bring him along.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts