Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the mt drag radial tires need to be screwed to the wheels? We are switching from et streets which are screwed to 275 radials!:confused:

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Go for it...why not??

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I bought my roller they had loiusiana bead locks (like two fucking packs of rim screws on each wheel) they work fine on my 275/60 but I have been told that you should not but none of these guys were running drag radials go figure.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Yes or no

Some say yes, some say no. Depends on whether or not your rims are spinning in the wheels. I use High tack on the bead of mine and they have moved maybe a half inch for the season so far. Just mark them and find out.

Louisiana bead locks????:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard not to becauce of the radial bead. So i was wondering if anyone screws there radials?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I heard not to becauce of the radial bead. So i was wondering if anyone screws there radials?

Several of the cars in our class do.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I have been screwing them for a few years with no problems.

Make sure you have 30psi minimum before driving the screw in or it can push the bead inward.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Theres a lot of 275 radial cars cars out there. People are flyin on these tires!

We got a couple 3200+ lbs single stage plate sytem with one pair of noids running 5.50. Lots of 60's and 70's. Have the feeling if the weather holds out that .50 will drop at the next race.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do the mt drag radial tires need to be screwed to the wheels? We are switching from et streets which are screwed to 275 radials!:confused:
i like the tire to slip on the wheel a little.. just personal preference.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
ask lambert about screws in radials..he ripped the tire to shreds from haveing screws..

the fastest radial cars in the country have either bead locks or they do the high tak trick

make sure you get the can of high tak and not the spray can..but a nice amount on the bead of the tires and on the rims then mount

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
depends on the width of the rim. the Permatex High Tack works great but we use the screws on our 315's to keep the tire from pulling off of the bead at high mph. If not for that we would just use the High Tack.

Here is the result of just screws and no High Tack:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
i SCREWED my MT, and My Hoosiers, but damn on the Hoosiers one screw went right thru, and it leaks, now im conastantly chasing the leak, and even rammed a plug in there, but a couple good launches and its leaking again, Wher can you get this Hi Tack?? who makes it. I tried mounting my MT with no screws but they moved about 6-7 inches in three passes....i DID not glue them though, id likew to try the glue, and get rid of the screws....OK i see in the above post, Peramtex Hi Tak, any body got a PN?? Thanks

is it PN 37554 or 37553

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts
How much of a nightmare is it to pull the tires off the rims once they are glued?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
We got it from our local parts distributer. Dismounting isnt bad. The only thing is that once you separate the tire from the rim, dont let the two touch again or they will stick and you have to work them apart. all in all not that bad, definatly worth it!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
we have guys runnin the 275's on 8" wheels with only the high tack and no screws with no problems

1 - 20 of 38 Posts