Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite Scotch and why? I like The Glenlivet 15 year old French Oak Reserve. Its an affordable single malt that is better than some of the more expensive ones I've tried. Anyone have a recommendation for a good single malt? I do not care for blended Scotch so Johnnie Walker is out, although I am curious about the Blue Label.

·
Thread killa
7,912 Posts
What is your favorite Scotch and why? I like The Glenlivet 15 year old French Oak Reserve. Its an affordable single malt that is better than some of the more expensive ones I've tried. Anyone have a recommendation for a good single malt? I do not care for blended Scotch so Johnnie Walker is out, although I am curious about the Blue Label.
Had the blue label, very nice.

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dalwhinnie, smooth and also affordable.
I thought they just did blends, after a search I found they do have a single malt. I guess 10% of their production is a single malt and the other 90 is blends. I'll have to try that, it sounds interesting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
johnny walker black isn't that bad

But depend what you like, regarding single malts

I'm a fan of the occasional talisker. It's a little peaty, but nothing like lagavulin

Ever try dalmore? It's an interesting single malt, and not too expensive. Kinda fruity.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Port wood finish Glenmorangie.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Ive had a couple of bottles of Oban & its pretty good. Its a little harsh for my taste. I know its not Scotch, but my favorite drink today is , Frontier whiskey, by Bulleit Bourbon. its Smooooooooooooooooooth & nice over one or two ice cubes.

Bob

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Don't like the bended stuff either. Glenlivet is good but I prefure Glenfiditch for the best overall taste at around $43 per bottle.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
I've got a bottle of Clynelish 14 from the highlands. Pretty good stuff. All the others are very good choices too and you cannot go wrong.

·
Professional Troublemaker
14,446 Posts
Always prefered blends. We drink a fair amount of scotch, go through about 6 bottles of Blue and 12+Black a year. Prefer Black over Blue most of the time, isn't quite as harsh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts