Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a scooter in their trailer for the races? Im looking to get one for my dad, my trailer is 24' and a 4 wheeler or golf cart wont fit.

Any bad things to look out for with scooters?

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Just make sure it has oil in it and if it has a wet clutch that it is still "wet". Other than that...if it has sat for a while be ready to replace the carb seals.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have a Yamaha 125 Vino that I put sideways in the front of my 24'....I have E-trac's on the floor so I can adjust the tie down points....use 4 tie downs to keep it in place..works great....my wife uses it to get around....

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I have a Yamaha 125 Vino that I put sideways in the front of my 24'....I have E-trac's on the floor so I can adjust the tie down points....use 4 tie downs to keep it in place..works great....my wife uses it to get around....

You could make a plate w/ 4 ears that the kickstand will sit in and the drill holes in the ears so you can put pit pins through...no more tie downs.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay........................... just checkin'!...
We lose SOME of our faculties, as we age!... ;)

Yeah he is good and steady at this point. Just hate for him to walk back and forth to staging all the time.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If there aren't too many hills you might consider an electric scooter. I have a couple of Schwinn models, they fold up and compact nicely, I keep one strapped on top of the wheelwell in the trailer. That said, I need to get a gasoline powered scooter for towing my daughter's Jr at tracks with hilly pit areas. The poor little electric isn't up to the task of pulling it up the hills!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Just curious why a 4 wheeler won't fit in your trailer? You can get a quad thru the side door if it's a 4 foot door and you can unload it without moving the car. I have a 91 Mustang and full cabinet across the front wall. It's tight but the nice part is you can unload the quad without removing the car.

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
The Yamaha Zuma is one of the best, but very pricey. Sometimes you can find a deal on a used one. I've had some friends that have had very good luck with the pep boys $300 scooter too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts