Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mike
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pondering whether to put a forward facing scoop, or a 4-5" cowl hood on my 70 Chevelle. I have 2"s of throttle body sticking above the fender line, and will add an air cleaner to that. what would be better looking in your mind? Mostly street but will go to the track once a month. The rear will be mini tubed with bigger tires also if that makes a difference. I could not find a pic of a forward facing hood on a Chevelle. I stole the Chevelle pic from Darrin at Team Chevelle.

·
Mike
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had suggestions for the L88, and the stinger. I think they look great on a Corvette, the L88 looks good an a Camaro as well. Not so sure about it on a Chevelle. Pictures from the Chevelle guys would be nice. Thanks

·
Mike
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hyde, thanks for the pics. L88 has possibilities, the forward facing would have to be short like on the Vette. Votes so far cowl......

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Mike
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the only problem with cowls they are like opinions and azzholes they are everywhere.try something new!!
That is kind of the intent here. The cowl is accepted/safe. I won't wear a Mohawk to be different. I still want it to look decent.:smt102 Thanks.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Cowl, not even a question!

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
mike,if you want function/performance,..go with a scoop,if you want asthetics,..go with a cowl,...i run a 6" cowl on mine,fits great,will hide a tunnell ram no problem,but a scoop will sel the carbs better,and pick up more horsepower @ the track,..my 02.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.