Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about Schwitzer S4Ts? All I can tell is they are older versions of Borg Warner S400s, but I dont know if thats just a range for a number of turbos (just like the 400s), or if its 1 particular type?

The guy I know who has them lives hundreds of miles away and just hasnt got a clue. I know they are divided flange, and seem to have a v.large but not ported shroud inlet, but dont even know if they are T4 or T6.

I dont know wheel sizes, a/r's anything. I know they are huge, but little else.

Has anyone any info on them? The numbers he read off them dont come up in any google etc search, so either they are re-man numbers or he is more of an idiot than I first thought, lol.

Im half tempted to get them anyhow as they free, but wasting a whole day going to get something thats junk doesnt really appeal :)

Any info appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
S4T's vary in size. They ranged from 68mm up to 104mm comp wheel. Without some info its hard to get you any real data. We build many S4T's for the sled pullers as they love them, but their is alot of variations. Extremely durable turbo though...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, thanks for the reply, and I expected as much.

Its a real pain as I cant get any real info from him, but he sent me this pic from his phone...

Looks like, by the way its necked down so much, its unlikely to be a wheel even close to 104, but again, dont know turbine sizes, and cant even tell if thats T4 or T6 really. I may just leave it, but I know ill end up kicking myself for doing so!

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Are you prepared to spend money on them to "fix" any problems? Might be more of a hassle than it's worth.

I recommend leaving them hundreds of miles away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts