Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7321&Itemid=6

I say DSR talks it over with their sponsors and only shows up with cars that aren't in the top 10 in their respective class. Once the are locked in the top 10 they go test where ever they want.

NHRA is a bunch of limp dicks. Someday they'll have to figure out how to run a sanctioning body. NASCAR figured it out long ago, IRL/IndyCar just figured it out. Why can't these jackasses learn from other's mistakes? How much longer will it take the inbred mouth-breathers in Glenda to completely destroy a sport that is so accessible and just plain cool.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
+1

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The economy is in a downward spiral and the sorry NHRA officials need a little extra money to continue their greedy sorry assed ways. So they tapped DSR to get it. There is no way this is justifed. The crime doesn't fit the punishment. RM

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Yet them phukers (NHRA) have a racetrack down here that all thru the entire year held no events what-so-ever other than divisional crap and 2 motorcycle races, therefore they made little to no money. Maybe if the NHRA mandated that track managers entice racing series like ORSCA, NMCA, ADRL, etc to come race at their facilities so that they can create more revenue, they would help their overall financial picture.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
I'd pull every freeking car for 2-3 races.

There, NHRA,, have a god damn show with 3/4 of the field.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Yet them phukers (NHRA) have a racetrack down here that all thru the entire year held no events what-so-ever other than divisional crap and 2 motorcycle races, therefore they made little to no money. Maybe if the NHRA mandated that track managers entice racing series like ORSCA, NMCA, ADRL, etc to come race at their facilities so that they can create more revenue, they would help their overall financial picture.

That would be nice, but NHRA is so damn bracket biased. I make sure when Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Street are up I am walking through the pits or taking a shit.

Comp Eliminator is still fun to watch, and I still like Stock and Super Stock. But those bracket races have got to go. And what kills me is, when they have a bracket race they pay out and assload of money and there's not a soul in the stands. When there is a heads up race, the payout is tiny (unless it's outlaw 10.5) and yet the stands are usually full. I guess they bank that cash and use it to finance the bracket payout.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
That would be nice, but NHRA is so damn bracket biased. I make sure when Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Street are up I am walking through the pits or taking a shit.

Comp Eliminator is still fun to watch, and I still like Stock and Super Stock. But those bracket races have got to go. And what kills me is, when they have a bracket race they pay out and assload of money and there's not a soul in the stands. When there is a heads up race, the payout is tiny (unless it's outlaw 10.5) and yet the stands are usually full. I guess they bank that cash and use it to finance the bracket payout.
Damn, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks this. Same thing happens at our track. They will hold some huge $50,000 to win bracket race with maybe 80 cars showing up. But not one god damn soul in the stands.

Then we do an Outlaw 10.5 or True 10.5 race, the stands, pits and concessions are jam packed with people. But the payout is $1500 to win. What gives? It is obvious which race is leaving the track more cash. If I were ever a sponsor of a bracket race like that and I saw no asses in the seats, bet you they would never see my cash again. :teabag

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
The economy is in a downward spiral and the sorry NHRA officials need a little extra money to continue their greedy sorry assed ways. So they tapped DSR to get it. There is no way this is justifed. The crime doesn't fit the punishment. RM
X2

Truly sad NHRA has came to this level, Graham Light is truley going to eventually burn NHRA to the ground it is not a quetion if he will it is a matter of how much longer before he does.

I know your reading this ....;)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Screw 'em, I'd rather go to an IHRA event.

Sooner or later, I wonder if Bruton Smith will just say "Fuck it", and start his own sandbox. Nothing stopping him...

·
Registered
708 Posts
oh yeah..great phucking idea........

rules are rules

nascar would have been tougher than NHRA was with this type of situation..count on it.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
The panel, reportedly comprised of NHRA employees, upheld the original fine.
Glendora is the police, judge, and jury. So who didn't see that coming? Geez.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nhra is having a hard time fillin the TF fields the last few races
and FC has had only 17 cars as well.
they cant afford to lose any more cars!

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,892 Posts
Appealing in NHRA is like when your Mommy grounded you and you ask for a sit down, but the only other member in attendance is your Daddy to vote. So who do you think will win?:smt100

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nice that Tony/ Alan ...won the western swing ...now they COULD afford to NOT show up till Indy( i believe) and still lead the points.....

The only problem with that is....the sponsors PAID to have thier logo`s seen at ALL the events....not a select few.....

It would be nice to see them pull their stuff and say FUCK YOU!!!!! to nhra.............

·
Registered
953 Posts

I have always wondered this exact same thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts