Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's okay to work 7 days a week, but we can't educate our kids but for 4 - looks like Walmart has gottin so big it needs more employees.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
4 days a week and now you have to wear an ankle bracelet that they can shock the fuck out of you with when riding airplanes too.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I dont know about 4 days but i've always thought they should have a second shift school. Like from 2:30-8:30pm.

·
I am sweet and innocent..
2,318 Posts
If its true, I guess we can blame it on the price of gas. It takes a lot to run all those buses.
Some jobs (state/county) in our area, are considering 4 day work weeks even to try and cut back costs in that area.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
If its true, I guess we can blame it on the price of gas. It takes a lot to run all those buses.
Some jobs (state/county) in our area, are considering 4 day work weeks even to try and cut back costs in that area.
I have a elementary school within eyesight of my house and it cracks me up to see 20-30 parents sitting in their cars for 20 minutes idling waiting for their kids to get out and then see buses leaving with 10 kids on them. Or my biggest pet peave is these buses stop to drop off kids at every street. Like 100 yards between streets. They could probably pick up a decnt amount of MPG if they didnt stop every couple hundred feet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You want stupid, where I live the bus picks up kids 2 blocks from the school!!! And we wonder why kids are getting Fat.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You want stupid, where I live the bus picks up kids 2 blocks from the school!!! And we wonder why kids are getting Fat.
EXACTLY !! SAME HERE !!
my kids walked to school....now my grandkids ride the bus from the "same place" ...2 blocks away..!
and they just raised taxes ..and now they're trying to raise them again..
they want to built a new school..150 million for it..chandeliers, marble floors, most expensive everything...!
this country is run by total Fucking Idiots!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
If the schools are going to a 4-day work week, can we cut the teacher's salary by 20%?
I taught school for 5 years from 1994-1999 My starting pay was $18,400 my first year. After five years I made it up to $21,300. Every two weeks I brought home a paycheck for $550. I had $450 house payment, $300 car payment, $250 school loan payment. I still had car insurance and utilities. Oh yeah every know and then I would like to eat something. Now you want to cut the pay back for somone that's not making any money already?

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It has to be voted on - and yes it will cut teacher's sallery cuz they get payed by the day - it was on the news and i guess 180 day rule will get tossed also

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well I would figure the teachers unions will want to renegotiate the contracts because the way I'm hearing it is they will be 4 longer days/wk (2hrs longer per day).

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
There are schools around the country that only go 4 days. Typically they go an extra 2 hours a day though, so they make up the 5th day. Instead of 8:30 to 3:00 they go from 7:30 to 4:00.. So even only going 4 days, they still get in the same hours. IMO their pay shouldn't be cut if they're putting in the same hours.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
For the bullshit teachers put up with, they should be paid better than they are. Kids are out of control these days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts